*Sigh* - Its a science fiction winter, with nothing good to watch except reruns until Spring

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here I sit, thumbing through Kodi channels, Prime video, YouTube, looking for science fiction to watch. Its slim pickings out there, folks. :moody:.

Things I am waiting for with great anticipation:

The Expanse Season 4
The Orville Season 2
The 100 Season 6
Lost In Space Season 2
Black Mirror Season 5
Stranger Things Season 2

When Star Trek: Discovery airs it's Season 2, I plan to hate-watch as many episodes as I can take, but I have very very very low expectations.

Rewatching some things recently has been fun! How about Star Trek: The Animated Series (2 seasons). Stargate SG-1, and I just started a rewatch of Babylon 5. There is plenty of Star Trek to watch, and I chose TOS this time. I usually start with TNG. :) The old series is refreshingly easy to watch. This link goes to a page that lists all 2018-2019 scifi/fantasy shows.

http://genretv.blogspot.com/

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Killjoys starts up again in a bit. After that I agree we're kinda waiting for The Expanse. Also Z Nation is filming right now.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Killjoys starts up again in a bit. After that I agree we're kinda waiting for The Expanse. Also Z Nation is filming right now.

Now might be a good time for me to catch on on Z-Nation. :) I stopped watching for no reason in particular. I have no issues with the show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Here I sit, thumbing through Kodi channels, Prime video, YouTube, looking for science fiction to watch. Its slim pickings out there, folks. :moody:.

Things I am waiting for with great anticipation:

The Expanse Season 4
The Orville Season 2
The 100 Season 6
Lost In Space Season 2
Black Mirror Season 5
Stranger Things Season 2

When Star Trek: Discovery airs it's Season 2, I plan to hate-watch as many episodes as I can take, but I have very very very low expectations.

Rewatching some things recently has been fun! How about Star Trek: The Animated Series (2 seasons). Stargate SG-1, and I just started a rewatch of Babylon 5. There is plenty of Star Trek to watch, and I chose TOS this time. I usually start with TNG. :) The old series is refreshingly easy to watch. This link goes to a page that lists all 2018-2019 scifi/fantasy shows.

http://genretv.blogspot.com/

stranger things s2 cane out awhile ago

the 100 is right in the middle of a new season NOW.

amazon has some ok to decent sci fi --of course nothing comes close to B5 or ANDROMEDA in their collection

CBS is running something called Salvation that I absolutely refuse to watch. Ostensibly it's about an asteroid that's headed for Earth but it really seems to be about people talking. No scifi is in evidence. It looks horrible and I hate it already. I hope it fails miserably and everyone connected with the show goes bankrupt and can't pay their mortgages and ends up destitute and living on the streets. The lack of scifi coupled with the fact that CBS bumped Elementary in favor of this dramaturd makes it unworthy of my time.

Quite honestly Elementary is the only show worth watching on CBS. It's maddening the way CBS treats it though. They move it around on the schedule. They film a season but then make the fans wait over a year to watch it. And worst of all, they broadcast it once on CBS and if you don't catch it you're screwed unless you sign up for their subscription service.

CBS is the absolute worst. Even their scifi isn't scifi. As for where you can find legit new scifi these days I don't know. I generally watch COMET TV and catch reruns of old shows like SG-1. On a channel called H&I (which runs alongside MEtv) they play Star Trek TOS, then TNG, then DS9 then Voyager then Enterprise every night of the week except Saturdays. Check your local over-the-air network to see if you are getting these channels.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I know it's not scifi but there's a new fantasy show, The Outpost, premiering tonight on the CW. I don't know anything about it other than the fact that the lead character's name is "Talon" and she's a mouth-breather. She also seems to enjoy hanging out with heroin addicts, go figure. Undoubtedly the show will be a big hit. :beckett_new049:

View attachment 34222

the cw is pretty hit and miss

stuff like 100 and SUPERNATURAL were pleasantly surprising for me to watch.

and reportedly, though i am not that much into the whole superhero thing, their DC shows are well received

BUT there is wayyyyyy too much teeny bopper drama on there as wel

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
First they cancel the "Arrow", then "Supernatural".

Ouch, this might hurt if you have invested too much into these shows over the years.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I was just considering starting on Arrow and The Flash again.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
First they cancel the "Arrow", then "Supernatural".

Ouch, this might hurt if you have invested too much into these shows over the years.

i binged the first, what is it? 13 seasons of supernatural?

it is a very watchable show and they have done a great job of keeping it going without getting dumb like so many other long running shows do

but, they have reached a point where they need to end it. i read somewhere before this new season came out that both of the main actors had said the same

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I was just considering starting on Arrow and The Flash again.

By the looks of it all three actors wanted their shows to end.

Season 14 of "Supernatural" has ended filming, which leaves 1 more season to be filmed. 20 shows maybe.

"Arrow" has 10 more to shoot next season.

I think I remember Felicia Day on the last season of 'Buffy-but'.

If anybody is interested you can use my favourite blogger as a portal for all things 'Supernatural'.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
well, currently I'm watching the Homicide Hunter on ID channel....I spend a long of time there when home! :D Not watching any new scifi these days - they killed Time after Time just when it was getting good! :P I also watch a lot of movies and read Asimov if I want real scifi!