Shin Godzilla has a trailer!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Because a lot of people are fans of the Kaiju movie genre - and Godzilla is THE Kaiju.
I love Godzilla, but Pacific Rim and the last Godzilla have raised the bar above what Toho seems to be able to produce these days. I will see it first before judging. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
:vala-newanime016::vala-newanime016::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I need to see it to tell better. This film sounds pretty weird.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I need to see it to tell better. This film sounds pretty weird.
It does. Tone reminds me of Mechagodzilla. :). Seems to me like they want it to be "traditional", and now that is not really an excuse to give us a man in a Godzilla suit (IMO). Pacific Rim gave us a real Kaiju film in the classic sense, but was done with new technology.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Believe it or not it isn't man in suit - it is the same type of CGI technology they used for Caesar and Rocket Raccoon.

The plot sounds really weird with a new origin story for Godzilla, different forms of Godzilla and definite horror elements in it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Believe it or not it isn't man in suit - it is the same type of CGI technology they used for Caesar and Rocket Raccoon.

The plot sounds really weird with a new origin story for Godzilla, different forms of Godzilla and definite horror elements in it.
Wow. Really? Then perhaps they did a motion capture thing with a man in a suit? The Godzilla in Godzilla 2014 looked like a reptilian creature when he moved, not a motion captured human. This one looks like a man in a suit, but you are correct:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, I got my tickets! Next Thursday night I will be at an art house theater near Chicago watching Shin Godzilla!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, I got my tickets! Next Thursday night I will be at an art house theater near Chicago watching Shin Godzilla!

I can't wait until you review this movie! I am interested in it because it is the latest Godzilla movie, but that new Godzilla is really a hard one to accept for me. The red lava and the chest pouch are hard to deal with. :)

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I was able to find out a couple of things:

a) The structure on his front is not a pouch. It is a bony structure akin to a breast bone and a development from Goji's evolution during the film.

b) The lava is not lava but actually open, raw, bloody skin again due to his actually mutating during the film ( he does not start and end the film in the same form).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was able to find out a couple of things:

a) The structure on his front is not a pouch. It is a bony structure akin to a breast bone and a development from Goji's evolution during the film.

b) The lava is not lava but actually open, raw, bloody skin again due to his actually mutating during the film ( he does not start and end the film in the same form).

They "evolved" him? Into what? If they do that he will no longer be Godzilla.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'll be finding out tomorrow night!