Staff member
Here are the raw numbers.

Ratings.PNG

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Great chart!

Here are the raw numbers.

View attachment 3380

Just by looking at the Live + 7 days column (2nd to the right), which gives the total number of viewers, it becomes clear that the number of people watching SGU has been decreasing steadily. This debunks the myth that those "tech savvy" sci-fi fans shifted from live viewing to DVR due to competition from live shows or an unfavorable timeslot! While some of that has been happening (since the DVR viewing has remained more or less constant but proportionally increasing relative to live viewing), the fact is that the total number of people watching the show has dropped by almost half - they gave up and never came back.

Most remarkable as well is the drop in total viewers after the episode Life (surprise, surprise!).

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Excellent Chart . Think the fanites will have a look at it and see how badly there fab show was doing or will they find some new excuses as to why it should continue and ignore the chart . Sheese!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ill change it. I can do a real chart from that data, and will make the correction and the chart later today.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
How weird. "Resurgence" got 1.09 and I'm predicting the same for "Deliverance". I'd be more than happy if I was wrong and it was lower but since it's the half-season premiere it might uptick a bit. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OM1, still got the .xls file to add the L+SD/+7 data in?

Yes, sorry I havent updated it! You have the figures in the prediction thread, right? Ill collect them and post.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
BAHAA
I know :)
There is very little "wrong" with the ratings system, it just doesn't, nor is it designed, to track what they want it to do. No matter who says it or how they say it. Pretty sad really.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
**RABBLE RABBLE!!!** Why don't they count my Hulu.com viewing from Japan where I use AdBlock, it TOTALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE! **RABBLE RABBLE**

Seriously... these people are so out of touch with reality... I'm constantly amazed.

Tropicana

Council Member
LOL

If other shows can get high ratings and hence win their right for renewal than why can't SGU? Cos SGU only appeals to a minority, not the majority.