SGA Season 05: General Discussion Thread

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
Hey Rac I am STILL a BS VIRGIN TOO! I was :puke:over the WHOLE THOUGHT of the Episode and Gero and his boink fest. Wishing he were Rodney......ICK!!!!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Disgusting creep!

Hey Rac I am STILL a BS VIRGIN TOO! I was :puke:over the WHOLE THOUGHT of the Episode and Gero and his boink fest. Wishing he were Rodney......ICK!!!!

I made the mistake of trying to watch the commentary on lost tribe/first contact and nearly gagged. gero was practically masturbating on camera over Michael Shanks. :puke:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Is Gero gay?

I made the mistake of trying to watch the commentary on lost tribe/first contact and nearly gagged. gero was practically masturbating on camera over Michael Shanks. :puke:

What is this you guys are talking about? :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, there is a clip?

the writer Martin gero and his creepy ways on screen. :(

There is a clip where he is salivating over Michael Shanks? Link please! :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
There is a clip where he is salivating over Michael Shanks? Link please! :)
it's on theseason 5 sga disc...behind the scenes, sorry I watched it only once on my dvds...I'll have to check on youtube.

Edit- sorry I couldn't find it uploaded anywhere. Just take it from me, he's creepy! :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It is kinda sick.

I am a fan of Jewel Staite too, but I don't obsess over her. I simply think she is an excellent actress and to my understanding is a pretty nice person in real life.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Season 5

I just finished up season 5 . It look's like I did see most of them ( probably from watching the Space Channel reruns ) but obviously missed episode 19 and 20 for some strange reason . I could not watch episode 19 ( Vegas ) . I will try again later . You can see the stirrings of sg-poo in a few episodes for sure ( Vegas for 1 ) and they were just lame . Stupid stone's and body switching , the mcgeller and Ronan love interest made me gag .
Enemy at The Gate was so rushed it was like I had the remote on fast forward . That so should have been a 2 or 3 parter . What a shame . With Atlantis on earth now they just left it hanging . Like yah yah . Atlantis is on earth so let's just forget about it .
icon9.gif
Uuuuugh .:facepalm: And then they did forget about it and created the worst show in the History of TV entertainment .
smiley-015.gif

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I just finished up season 5 . It look's like I did see most of them ( probably from watching the Space Channel reruns ) but obviously missed episode 19 and 20 for some strange reason . I could not watch episode 19 ( Vegas ) . I will try again later . You can see the stirrings of sg-poo in a few episodes for sure ( Vegas for 1 ) and they were just lame . Stupid stone's and body switching , the mcgeller and Ronan love interest made me gag .
Enemy at The Gate was so rushed it was like I had the remote on fast forward . That so should have been a 2 or 3 parter . What a shame . With Atlantis on earth now they just left it hanging . Like yah yah . Atlantis is on earth so let's just forget about it .
icon9.gif
Uuuuugh .:facepalm: And then they did forget about it and created the worst show in the History of TV entertainment .
smiley-015.gif

I liked "Vegas" and stupidly thought that that was what SGU would be like in some fashion. Had it been in the vein of "Vegas" then it wouldn't have been such a horrendous show as we've got now.

And yeah, EATG should have been multiple episodes. To me it just smacked of a rush job to get SGA over and done with and out of the way so they could concentrate on SGU. EATG was definitely the first insult in the SGU war on Stargate fans, that's for sure.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And that opened up a HUGE plothole for SGU!

icon9.gif
smiley-015.gif

Yep, and because they left it hanging, it means there is now a HUGE plothole in the entire Stargate Universe. With the Atlantis gate on earth, because it is a Pegasus gate it supersedes earth's gate. Even if it were as close as the Moon it would STILL supercede it, as we saw earlier in Atlantis when the Wraith hive ship was hiding behind the moon.

So, in a comical turnabout, if the Destiny crew ever tried to gate home, they would (technically) end up on Atlantis sitting in the harbor!

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Yep, and because they left it hanging, it means there is now a HUGE plothole in the entire Stargate Universe. With the Atlantis gate on earth, because it is a Pegasus gate it supersedes earth's gate. Even if it were as close as the Moon it would STILL supercede it, as we saw earlier in Atlantis when the Wraith hive ship was hiding behind the moon.

So, in a comical turnabout, if the Destiny crew ever tried to gate home, they would (technically) end up on Atlantis sitting in the harbor!
actually on midway they were able to create some kind of work around so im sure it would be possible to do so on earth aswell.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
actually on midway they were able to create some kind of work around so im sure it would be possible to do so on earth aswell.

Yep, only in no episode of SGU is an earth gate ever shown. The only MW gate ever shown is the Icarus gate. No Homeworld Command gate is ever shown in any episode, and Atlantis is not ever mentioned.

Copenhagen

GateFans Noob
SGU was just a really bad idea, at an attempt to "Expand" the Stargate Fan Base. Which did not do anything but decrease it.

Yeah, the only gate I ever seen was the one that they gated through to get to "Destiny". Which that whole episode was painful to me, cause it had Lou Diamond Phillips in it.

They would never have them gate back home, cause then it would make flying on a ship in the middle of no where that much more pointless.