SGA Season 05: General Discussion Thread

julie1927

GateFans Noob
I liked season 5, but I wish it they had ended it better by one digging deeper into the relationship between Shepperd and Todd. I hope they do Extinction because I want to see a Shepperd/Todd pairing.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I liked season 5, but I wish it they had ended it better by one digging deeper into the relationship between Shepperd and Todd. I hope they do Extinction because I want to see a Shepperd/Todd pairing.

I agree. I really like Todd. I hope we get the Atlantis movie in some form so we can get a proper ending. I miss Atlantis every day.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
I also miss SGA and to me Season 5 ending was rushed. I love Jewell but don't care to see anymore of her on SGA. I want the team.

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
Deadlus Variations is the only episode of the 5th season that I enjoyed from beginning to end.

the rest of the season....

:facepalm:

F

Frumenta

I only really liked The Shrine, Remnants and the episodes with Daniel. And Vegas was interesting but didn't blow me away. Not a good season, so many lost opportunities.

And I agree on the Todd love. He was so cool!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Deadlus Variations is the only episode of the 5th season that I enjoyed from beginning to end.

the rest of the season....

:facepalm:

Dadleus Variations was a great ep! Such an interesting storyline - looking for OUR reality, and a great set-up...what were those aliens!?!??!but it fell prey to the monster of SGA...no followup at all! :(

I also enjoyed the two daniel eps mostly (I love daniel!) and even liked the idea of the evil asgard. I found the idea of having all the asgard knowledge with none of their ethics aabout experiementing on humans intriguing. Too bad we never saw the result of such experiments!!! oh well season five= missed opportunities!

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Just threw my S5 rip in last night. Ugh :facepalm: ... babies, Michael, Wraith ship interiors (idea stolen from Lexx) ... .

I'm sure I'll find the good parts. Still 10,000 times better than SGU slop.

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
*disclaimer*

( I hate Keller! I am sorry to anyone who really likes her. I have nothing nice to say about her!)

Search and Rescue: I like most of this episode. I like the bits with Rodney and Lorne (Lorne's leg is broken, but Rodney is in the most pain. (LOL) I loved Torren's birth (so unbelievable) but funny..to a point. Rodney worried about looking at Teyla's Hoo Hoo was priceless.

What I hate: John was impaled and bleeding pretty bad, but yah go ahead. Go rescue Teyla. Cause you are the only one who can fly a dart. And seeing the jumper was hijacked. WOW So nice of you to almost bleed to death for a plot point.

Seed: What I liked: The doors not working for Woolsey.

What I hated: The rest of the episode. Keller wakes up and finds goo on her had and unless she was playing with herself...she should have said UM HEY....Goo....WTF.

Broken Ties: Hey it's the third Episode of the season..must be Ronon's IMPORTANT EPISODE OF THE SEASON. They broke canon with this episode by turning him into a wraith worshipper. When they all ready said his immunity to the enzyme is WHY they made him a runner in the first place.

What I liked: the end when the team sat by him as he went through withdrawls.

Daedulus Variations: I loved the whole episode.

Ghost in the Machine: I liked most of the episode. I didn't like the way they left Elizabeth floating there like they did Niam.

The Shrine: I really really hate Keller! I understand that the Shine was not going to cure Rodney...at first. HOWEVER, if Keller had gotten of her high horse and LISTENED to Ronon and Teyla, they would have got there sooner and Rodney would not have all most died. Keller (did i mention I don't like her?) was so enthralled by Rodney and his personality change that should have been her first clue. After this episode every action she took toward hooking up with Rodney was a reason to fire her un-ethical ass.

Whispers: Really? John Sheppard Military leader of Atlantis don't know all of his people? They lost me there. Carson and John were so out of character in this episode it was laughable. The zombie/monsters were dumb. The Girl Power team was blah. (fan fic helped the team out to be almost good)

The Queen: So now wonder Keller is a plastic surgeon? :facepalm: Teyla looks great as a wraith Queen. I'm all with Teyla on blowing up the Wraith.

Tracker: I skipped this piece of shit. I had no desire to watch Rodney and Ronon start destroying their friendship over Keller. Bro's before Ho's man.

First Contact: I liked Daniel showing up. I like them finding the room. I didn't like Rodney picking on John. So not going to happen. Once again Teyla is kicked to the back of the plot.

Lost Tribe: Ronon, Keller and her Hair ruined this episode for me.

Outsiders: Why can't they hire Carson again? Daniel Died, then came back. So who cares if Carson is a clone? The bit in the dart was pretty funny.

Inquisition: Clip shows! When you just don't give a shit to write a whole episode. Brought to you by: We are getting ready for SGU and you guys can go BLEEP yourselves.

Prodigal: Stun Bubble, Car Races, UBER MAMMA Teyla, Star Trek 3 rip off. "I....Have....Had....Enough.....Of......You! Ahhhhhhh splat. Goodbye Michael.

Remnants: It was a weird one. Only saw it once.

Brain Storm: I skipped this huge Marin Gero wet dream of sleeping with Keller Via Rodney...YUCK (he said so himself) which just makes it even more..gross!

Infection: I only watched at this one, so I can't really say anything about it.

Identity: Why did they use Keller once more when they could have easily used Teyla? One more that I skipped to to Keller.

Vegas: I also just watched at this one. It was not my John, or Rodney and I rwally find it hard to believe that in an alternate Universe Keller and Rodney are together as well.....whatever.
Plus this was just a way to FINALLY KILL John Sheppart

Enemy at the Gate: What a steaming pile of horse shit.

Ther was just so much WRONG with the season. I really do think that they were working so hard on SGU that they just put as little effort into the season, and it shows.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
*disclaimer*

( I hate Keller! I am sorry to anyone who really likes her. I have nothing nice to say about her!)

Search and Rescue: I like most of this episode. I like the bits with Rodney and Lorne (Lorne's leg is broken, but Rodney is in the most pain. (LOL) I loved Torren's birth (so unbelievable) but funny..to a point. Rodney worried about looking at Teyla's Hoo Hoo was priceless.

What I hate: John was impaled and bleeding pretty bad, but yah go ahead. Go rescue Teyla. Cause you are the only one who can fly a dart. And seeing the jumper was hijacked. WOW So nice of you to almost bleed to death for a plot point.

Seed: What I liked: The doors not working for Woolsey.

What I hated: The rest of the episode. Keller wakes up and finds goo on her had and unless she was playing with herself...she should have said UM HEY....Goo....WTF.

Broken Ties: Hey it's the third Episode of the season..must be Ronon's IMPORTANT EPISODE OF THE SEASON. They broke canon with this episode by turning him into a wraith worshipper. When they all ready said his immunity to the enzyme is WHY they made him a runner in the first place.

What I liked: the end when the team sat by him as he went through withdrawls.

Daedulus Variations: I loved the whole episode.

Ghost in the Machine: I liked most of the episode. I didn't like the way they left Elizabeth floating there like they did Niam.

The Shrine: I really really hate Keller! I understand that the Shine was not going to cure Rodney...at first. HOWEVER, if Keller had gotten of her high horse and LISTENED to Ronon and Teyla, they would have got there sooner and Rodney would not have all most died. Keller (did i mention I don't like her?) was so enthralled by Rodney and his personality change that should have been her first clue. After this episode every action she took toward hooking up with Rodney was a reason to fire her un-ethical ass.

Whispers: Really? John Sheppard Military leader of Atlantis don't know all of his people? They lost me there. Carson and John were so out of character in this episode it was laughable. The zombie/monsters were dumb. The Girl Power team was blah. (fan fic helped the team out to be almost good)

The Queen: So now wonder Keller is a plastic surgeon? :facepalm: Teyla looks great as a wraith Queen. I'm all with Teyla on blowing up the Wraith.

Tracker: I skipped this piece of shit. I had no desire to watch Rodney and Ronon start destroying their friendship over Keller. Bro's before Ho's man.

First Contact: I liked Daniel showing up. I like them finding the room. I didn't like Rodney picking on John. So not going to happen. Once again Teyla is kicked to the back of the plot.

Lost Tribe: Ronon, Keller and her Hair ruined this episode for me.

Outsiders: Why can't they hire Carson again? Daniel Died, then came back. So who cares if Carson is a clone? The bit in the dart was pretty funny.

Inquisition: Clip shows! When you just don't give a shit to write a whole episode. Brought to you by: We are getting ready for SGU and you guys can go BLEEP yourselves.

Prodigal: Stun Bubble, Car Races, UBER MAMMA Teyla, Star Trek 3 rip off. "I....Have....Had....Enough.....Of......You! Ahhhhhhh splat. Goodbye Michael.

Remnants: It was a weird one. Only saw it once.

Brain Storm: I skipped this huge Marin Gero wet dream of sleeping with Keller Via Rodney...YUCK (he said so himself) which just makes it even more..gross!

Infection: I only watched at this one, so I can't really say anything about it.

Identity: Why did they use Keller once more when they could have easily used Teyla? One more that I skipped to to Keller.

Vegas: I also just watched at this one. It was not my John, or Rodney and I rwally find it hard to believe that in an alternate Universe Keller and Rodney are together as well.....whatever.
Plus this was just a way to FINALLY KILL John Sheppart

Enemy at the Gate: What a steaming pile of horse shit.

Ther was just so much WRONG with the season. I really do think that they were working so hard on SGU that they just put as little effort into the season, and it shows.

Great post fumbles my friend! I admit to liking keller and hating mckay so there are many eps we agree on! EXCEPT tracker...how could you not watch that hunk of man-candy Mike Dupod...here is a sample of what you missed:
jennkiryk9.jpg

*fans self*

back on topic- I genuinely enjoyed Dadelus variations ...the other eps were hit or miss for various reasons...mostly the obsession with mckay/mckeller :puke: Never listen to Gero's commentary on The lost tribe...that guy is creepy over michael shanks ....very creepy! :eek:

Cristina

GateFans Noob
I only really liked The Shrine, Remnants and the episodes with Daniel. And Vegas was interesting but didn't blow me away. Not a good season, so many lost opportunities.

And I agree on the Todd love. He was so cool!

The Shrine was amazing, David Hewlett was awesome and although I knew Rodney was going to be ok, I still got suckered (in a good way) into being scared he would die.
First Contact and The Lost Tribe were great, pairing Rodney with Daniel was probably one of the best ideas they had the entire season.
I like Christopher Heyerdahl a lot, too. He's one of the reasons I watch Sanctuary.

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
Great post fumbles my friend! I admit to liking keller and hating mckay so there are many eps we agree on! EXCEPT tracker...how could you not watch that hunk of man-candy Mike Dupod...here is a sample of what you missed:
jennkiryk9.jpg

*fans self*

back on topic- I genuinely enjoyed Dadelus variations ...the other eps were hit or miss for various reasons...mostly the obsession with mckay/mckeller :puke: Never listen to Gero's commentary on The lost tribe...that guy is creepy over michael shanks ....very creepy! :eek:

Someone, throw a bucket of ice water on Rac80 before she flies to Vancouver, employs her psychic powers of persuasion, kidnaps Michael Dupod, chains him up in her bedroom closet and makes him her love slave -- although he might thank her for liberating him from the clutches of Wright/Mallozzi/etc.

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
I actually liked the "Vegas" episode of SGA. I thought it worked well as a one-off episode. Odd thing is I remember seeing a teaser for "Stargate Universe" shortly after seeing this episode as SGA wound down. This made me think that they were going to do a Stargate show about an alternate universe or universes plural. It's the kind of premise that could work really well or fail miserably. I like the idea of the same actors playing variations of the characters we know. Still, I don't know that it would have worked as a long term series. What I do know is that it's a far better idea than SGU was, that's for sure.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Oh - Whispers. :icon_e_confused: That to me was the S5 version of Justice. But hey, you're not gonna get 20 top notch eps are you? Nasa considered a girl astronaut team for the ISS but that idea didn't fly.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Someone, throw a bucket of ice water on Rac80 before she flies to Vancouver, employs her psychic powers of persuasion, kidnaps Michael Dupod, chains him up in her bedroom closet and makes him her love slave -- although he might thank her for liberating him from the clutches of Wright/Mallozzi/etc.

you really shouldn't give me ideas....*takes a look at her large walk-in closet, wonders how to keep hubby out of it, and scurries off to plan.....* ;)

I actually liked the "Vegas" episode of SGA. I thought it worked well as a one-off episode. Odd thing is I remember seeing a teaser for "Stargate Universe" shortly after seeing this episode as SGA wound down. This made me think that they were going to do a Stargate show about an alternate universe or universes plural. It's the kind of premise that could work really well or fail miserably. I like the idea of the same actors playing variations of the characters we know. Still, I don't know that it would have worked as a long term series. What I do know is that it's a far better idea than SGU was, that's for sure.
I thought Vegas was great for a one-off, but and this is a HUGE BUT (Bigger than Bernice's:P) --WHY NO TEYLA OR RONON??????that just peeved me to no end! :P

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
Yah that was my reaction to Vegas. No Teyla. No Ronon. No way!

These were NOT my people. So I really didn't watch it.

I was too busy harping on why they didn't use Teyla in Identity, and barfing over B.S.

I was so mad at the way the WRITERS ignored Teyla & Ronon.

SGArocks

GateFans Noob
Why in deed?

you really shouldn't give me ideas....*takes a look at her large walk-in closet, wonders how to keep hubby out of it, and scurries off to plan.....* ;)

I thought Vegas was great for a one-off, but and this is a HUGE BUT (Bigger than Bernice's:P) --WHY NO TEYLA OR RONON??????that just peeved me to no end! :P

That peeved me too. Yet me had that hint of McKeller! And OMG, there was Todd. I don't have a problem with Todd being there. I just feel the excuses I have seen even by some fans about why Ronon and Teyla not being in Vegas boggles my mind. I am not saying that a Sheppard-less Atlantis could not have encountered Todd even though because of Sheppard we were introduced to Todd. I'm saying if Atlantis could have encountered Todd why not Teyla and Ronon too. I believe the reason we did not have Teyla and Ronon was simple because the writer/writers/tptb didn't want them in the episode. I guess having them in would require some thoughts, some creativity.

And there were some major discussions on some part of LJ about the lack of people of color in that episode. All I know, I would have to see Jason playing that Wraith baddie like he had wanted to do since he couldn't play Ronon. For these reasons, I'm still on the fence about this episode even though I loved Joe F in it.

SGArocks

GateFans Noob

I was too busy harping on why they didn't use Teyla in Identity, and barfing over B.S.

Agree.

I think I have only watched the episode twice.

Because using Teyla would require thought and of couse they had to continue to highlight McKeller.

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
Why have that even mentioned? They were all strangers.

David Hewlett forgot to take off his wedding ring, so of course they use it to hint to Mc.....and that in itself was pointless!

Keller was getting on my last nerve. TPTB also wern't helping by making me feel bad cause I hate her.

First Contact was great (minus Keller) Lost Tribe lost me with the Kaylee rip off (i only watched Firefly once or twice) TPTB and their obsession with Staite even bled through in writing EXTRA characters. :rolleyes:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Still a Brain Storm virgin!

STILL a BS virgin here! :D:D

Why have that even mentioned? They were all strangers.

David Hewlett forgot to take off his wedding ring, so of course they use it to hint to Mc.....and that in itself was pointless!

Keller was getting on my last nerve. TPTB also wern't helping by making me feel bad cause I hate her.

First Contact was great (minus Keller) Lost Tribe lost me with the Kaylee rip off (i only watched Firefly once or twice) TPTB and their obsession with Staite even bled through in writing EXTRA characters. :rolleyes:

same here and I have since become a Firefly fan (had to watch something when sga was cancelled to make room for SHIT!) and STILL hate that ripoff! oh give me a break...it was completely obvious by SGA's fifth season that TPTB had run out of fresh ideas and were reduced to stealing from other (better!) shows! that should have been the first clue to not give them another show! :facepalm: