SGA movie pushed to the bottom?

More confirmation that tptb aren't interested in a sga movie. From J Mozzy:

Simon writes: “[...] 4) Similar to the question above. If that DOES happen, will there be more of a chance of getting the SG-1 and SGA movies?”

Answers: [...] 4) Er, quite the opposite actually. Some fans, either because they’re ignorant to the workings of television production or simply refuse to see reason, assume that the only thing holding back the movies is continued production on SGU. In fact, the hold up is a studio decision based on various financial factors that have nothing to do with Universe. Continued production on Universe is what is keeping the franchise healthy and open to the possibility of future movies. As things stand now, Stargate: Universe carries the mantle of the Stargate franchise while the two movies – with scripts already in place – await the greenlight for production. If, in a worse case scenario, SGU were to wrap production earlier than expected (unlikely but, hey, let’s play “what if?”), then I suspect that it would assume first position in any potential film schedule, pushing SG-1 to the temporary back-burner.

There's no mention of sga at all. Based on this, one can assume that when sgu gets dumped the order of movie priority will be sgu, sg1, sga. With mgm in such shitty financial states it will be surprising if any stargate movie gets made at all.

I gave up hope long ago of a sga movie and I wouldn't be surprised if J Mozzy's talk of writing the sga movie script was all bullshit.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
circle square circle said:
More confirmation that tptb aren't interested in a sga movie. From J Mozzy:

Simon writes: “[...] 4) Similar to the question above. If that DOES happen, will there be more of a chance of getting the SG-1 and SGA movies?”

Answers: [...] 4) Er, quite the opposite actually. Some fans, either because they’re ignorant to the workings of television production or simply refuse to see reason, assume that the only thing holding back the movies is continued production on SGU. In fact, the hold up is a studio decision based on various financial factors that have nothing to do with Universe. Continued production on Universe is what is keeping the franchise healthy and open to the possibility of future movies. As things stand now, Stargate: Universe carries the mantle of the Stargate franchise while the two movies – with scripts already in place – await the greenlight for production. If, in a worse case scenario, SGU were to wrap production earlier than expected (unlikely but, hey, let’s play “what if?”), then I suspect that it would assume first position in any potential film schedule, pushing SG-1 to the temporary back-burner.

There's no mention of sga at all. Based on this, one can assume that when sgu gets dumped the order of movie priority will be sgu, sg1, sga. With mgm in such shitty financial states it will be surprising if any stargate movie gets made at all.

I gave up hope long ago of a sga movie and I wouldn't be surprised if J Mozzy's talk of writing the sga movie script was all bullshit.
yep, JM isn't going to give the fans what he promised because the fans didn't watch his new show WAHHWAAHWAAHHH! he's crying and whining about it and needs to shut the heck up! :P

A

AdamTM

There will be no movies, not even a SGU movie.

Keep dreaming Jmozz.

Do you seriously think MGM is gonna shell money out for stargate if they had to cancel the new Bond movie?
And before you moan, in this case YES its MGM that has to pay, its not a SciFi original direct to tv movie or some shit (although im sure JMozz is already exploring that option as MGM has now completely failed)

Exile

GateFans Noob
SGU would get a movie if it was cancelled? When SG-1 and SGA have been promised movies since before SGU aired - and they claim SGA was cancelled because it would be better for the franchise/series if it was made as movies? Seriously, these people are so obsessed with their fucking SGU it's ridiculous! Insulting! They're truly delusional! SGU would get a movie after 2 seasons and SGA won't get one after 5? Even when SGA DVDs still sell better ( not to mention SG-1 which has been cancelled for years still sells better! ) than Starhate Whinyverse!

Will

GateFans Noob
I still think this is just bullshit attempting to "blackmail" SG1/SGA fans into watching SGU. If they have to cancel the show because it's shit and nobody watches it, why the hell would they plough millions into a movie that nobody will buy?

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
AdamTM said:
There will be no movies, not even a SGU movie.
Do you seriously think MGM is gonna shell money out for stargate if they had to cancel the new Bond movie?
And before you moan, in this case YES its MGM that has to pay, its not a SciFi original direct to tv movie or some shit (although im sure JMozz is already exploring that option as MGM has now completely failed)
Allow me to moan: ;)
Malozzi and/or Wrong will explore that option, but only when SGU is gone.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Will said:
I still think this is just bullshit attempting to "blackmail" SG1/SGA fans into watching SGU.
Damn, its okay, I'm perfectly happy with over 300 episodes of sg1/sga.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I can't see a movie happening. It's IMHO just a shifting mirage to keep the fans salivating. Even the ones they've pissed off.

If the scripts are in I doubt they could get all the actors they planned on now. TPTB burnt their bridges so thoroughly with this Universe crap that they'll have to spend the rest of their careers living on the proceeds from the glory days.

Pebble

GateFans Noob
Lazily reposted from old forum:

WHAT?! They are messing with the wrong kind of people. At first I thought it was just some rumor....I was mad no matter. But now. Now I'm PISSED OFF. This is an affront to science fiction fans worldwide, this is an attack on the Stargate community. How dare they betray us, not once, not twice, not thrice, but so many times. They cancelled Stargate Atlantis. They pretended to act sincere. Then they promised a movie. Then they promise us we'll like their new show because it simply contains the word 'stargate' in it. Now they promise us it'll get better--just keep watching! LIES. LIES. LIES. LIES!

NO. This is clearly injustice. And I will NOT tolerate it. Those fucken fools. How dare they. They think they can toy with viewers, fans, scifi lovers? That they can simply lie to us? Pretend their new show is doing wonderfully? Promise us lies? They think they can crap on fans without consequences? Those bastards.

They will not fucking see the light of day without being bombarded by my fucking fucking fucking emails, letters, videos, banners, the fucking whole load. I will not rest till I am satisfied as can be that I have used every muscle in my body to exact vengeance upon them. TPTB are messing with forces they cannot tame. Damn them. I'll make a hundred more banners, a hundred more protest videos before I let them get away untried.

The fight isn't over. I don't care if there is nothing to gain. They will see protest.

SIGH. Done ranting.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
From Mallozzi's Blog today:
Mailbag Q and A
PG15 writes: “I’m glad to hear that Brad is having talks with MGM about Revolution. That’s a good start. I wonder what the impetus for these talks were (unless they’ve been happening since the beginning), and why that’s not happening with Extinction?”

Answer: As I mentioned previously, Brad is co-writing and Exec. Producing Revolution, not Extinction.

1. I believe SG-1 Movie will be produced soon. Hope, Hope, Hope! You guys had a lot of time now. Did you have improved some things from time to time or is the script untouched for long time?
2. Assuming the next stargate movie works fine and MGM wants more stuff. Do you think, it is possible, that we will see an entirely Stand-Alone-Movie with new characters and new stories? A new series is often a risk. But making a movie with a completed story would maybe safe money (new characters) and gives the chance to reinvent the Franchise. I want to see more about Stargate. Why no movie with from the perspective of the Jaffa, Tokra, any other people. A complete detached story. I thought long about it. That’s the kind of way, I would go. Hope, sometime we will see such a movie.

3. Does the SGC still exist or is the Stargate being moved to Homeworld Command?

4. If it has been moved….has this to do with Atlantis staying on Earth?

5. The moon base, which Sam speaks about in Continuum…Are we going to see it in the next movie? Has the Earth Gate beeing moved to the moon?”

Answers: 1. Paul and I haven’t revisited the script since submitting it some time ago.

2. No. When we move ahead with the movies, the first one up will be Revolution, featuring SG-1.

3. More on that in Stargate: Revolution.

4. Not necessarily.

5. Stay tuned.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
It's sadly obvious that they don't want to touch their greatest success because they dont' like being the class clown.

They saw BSG and went "Oh poo! Now we look like the immature clowns we are! Rob? What was that Fate thing you had in mind again?"

"Destiny."

"Yeah! Let's stop clowning around and winning people's choice awards and MAKE SOMETHING DARK AND SHITTY!"

"I think you mean gritty."

"I thought they were teh same!"

"Uhh..."

"WE"LL MAKE IT THE SAME!!"