SG-1 Season 10: General Discussion Thread

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
The 200 episode...like it or hate it? I'm a late bloomer so the first season I saw was 10 and when I watched 200 I found it not as interesting because I didn't understand the inside jokes. After a few months later, many SG1 episodes later, the episode was much better.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

The 200 episode...like it or hate it? I'm a late bloomer so the first season I saw was 10 and when I watched 200 I found it not as interesting because I didn't understand the inside jokes. After a few months later, many SG1 episodes later, the episode was much better.

That episode was awesome. Like the Musical episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, it was a light-hearted break from the norm & it showed that the show doesn't take itself too seriously. There is one scene that is even funnier now than it was back then - thanks to SGU (I think you know which scene I am talking about)

S

Stonelesscutter

The "200" episode was absolutely awesome.
Just gotta love lt. col. Danning... "It's what I do"
Lot of humor in this episode.
"Whatta ya mean it's not a real tv-show?!?...
...Am I getting paid real money??"

Another episode of this season which in my opinion was very good, though not as funny as "200", was the very last one "Unending".
I don't know if it has something to do with it being the last episode or not.
Maybe the family like situation the team finds itself in.
In any case I love Creedence Clearwater Revival and I think the song suits the episode well.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I think that was Wormhole extreme, not 200. But I love that part too. The Dr. was getting pounded by rocks. "are you ok? "No! I'm not Ok!!!" Something like that, or "How come I never get to kiss anybody? ?!" Makes you wonder if the SG actors actually did that lol.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Repost

For those that missed it:

aaYoung.jpg

S

Stonelesscutter

@Gatergal
Uhm yeah you're probably right. Sorry bout that mixup. :icon_redface:

@Rocks
Hehehehehehhehehehehehhe. That likeness is stunning. :D

deco

GateFans Noob
i like more the episode bad guys whem they are mistaken for rebels that was funny :D

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
i like more the episode bad guys whem they are mistaken for rebels that was funny :D
Ben Browder wrote bad guys you know that? It was meant to be a Carter centric episode.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVbICGqN1os
Some people say Daniel is over angry in this scene because this is the episode where Shanks and the crew found out the show was canceled. Others argue it's because there was this scene that was deleted that had the people ticking Daniel off.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVbICGqN1os
Some people say Daniel is over angry in this scene because this is the episode where Shanks and the crew found out the show was canceled. Others argue it's because there was this scene that was deleted that had the people ticking Daniel off.

There's some film of them doing the rehearsal on the DVD extra. Not one of my favourite episodes.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
There's some film of them doing the rehearsal on the DVD extra. Not one of my favourite episodes.
Still beat the crap out of any SGU acting by the 'better actors' *cough cough* I've seen... Or any SGU episode for that matter. :sgusucks:

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Still beat the crap out of any SGU acting by the 'better actors' *cough cough* I've seen... Or any SGU episode for that matter. :sgusucks:

I do seem to remember they turned the lights on for that one.

b-dubya

GateFans Noob
There is one scene that is even funnier now than it was back then - thanks to SGU (I think you know which scene I am talking about)

That scene is really scary.

Looking back, you can tell they already had a SGU-type show in mind at the time. What was then a good joke, is now the grim reality.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
OMG you're right!

That scene is really scary.

Looking back, you can tell they already had a SGU-type show in mind at the time. What was then a good joke, is now the grim reality.
You're right! Looks like Teal'c and Daniel captured the SGU crew (here Chloe, Scott and Boobs) in this vid :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This is the sort of Daniel Jackson cameo they should have shown in SGU :daniel_new_anime021

b-dubya

GateFans Noob
You're right! Looks like Teal'c and Daniel captured the SGU crew (here Chloe, Scott and Boobs) in this vid :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This is the sort of Daniel Jackson cameo they should have shown in SGU :daniel_new_anime021

When I said 'that scene' I was talking about the pitch scene in 200 where a guy resembling Cooper describes the kind of show he wanted to do (it's SGU basically).

But seeing that video, you're also right, that discussion between the three hostages is the kind of relationship driven bullshit that populates SGU.

'This is the sort of Daniel Jackson cameo they should have shown in SGU'

Yep. But instead we got a 'dream' cameo where Rush trashes good ole Dr Jackson (what?! why? why shit on the old fans...jesus fucking christ, these morons are clueless). I'm afraid they will do something similar with McKay... any word on how his episode will go?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well damn! Almost made it...all the way through all 10 seasons on Amazon without paying! Got to s10ep2 and my 30 day free trail expired..guess I'll pay though (amazon prime)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

"shut up your hostages..."

too bad we were all 'hostages' to Shanks' acting for so long..they should have kept Corin Nemec
--- merged: Jan 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM ---
So, anyone else get the feel that besides taking "lifts" from Star Trek (interstellar ships, beaming up, etc) that they began grabbing off of "firefly" as well?
i definitely get that feeling every ep with the Lucian alliance involved, especially "company of thieves"

Really didn't like the "video essay" for Claudia Black, the episode "Memento Mori"

Also, the Earth ships are junk. Aside from the Ori ships-it seems they can't stand up to anything; especially the Jaffa and Lucian Ha'Taks. Don't see how this could be since they have Asgard tech and were so ass kicking against the wraith (when the wraith ships are supposed to be so much better then the Goa'uld ships)

Did I say before, they should have just scrubbed the last 2 seasons in favor of incorporating the Ba'al story line, and maybe some of the Ori-into Atlantis instead?

Would have loved to see how TPTB would have had the Wraith come into the war with the Ori. Would they fight alongside the humans/Ba'al? Oh well...