Seriously?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
White House wants to legalize phone unlocking - ABC News

Seriously? This must be the single most stupid and illogical thing I've heard in a good long while. Not the thing about wanting to make phone unlocking legal of course, but the fact that it was illegal in the first place!

I had always assumed that you guys across the pond had it roughly the same as we have over here, where you can unlock your phone for a minor fee after a few months depending on the contract, not that it effects me since I always buy my phones unlocked. But this is just... Wow. That's all I can say.

Guess it's a good thing they're making it legal though...

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
White House wants to legalize phone unlocking - ABC News

Seriously? This must be the single most stupid and illogical thing I've heard in a good long while. Not the thing about wanting to make phone unlocking legal of course, but the fact that it was illegal in the first place!

I had always assumed that you guys across the pond had it roughly the same as we have over here, where you can unlock your phone for a minor fee after a few months depending on the contract, not that it effects me since I always buy my phones unlocked. But this is just... Wow. That's all I can say.

Guess it's a good thing they're making it legal though...

It's not phone unlocking per se that is illegal but the broad language of the DMCA that can be used against phone unlocking.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It all had to do with the interpretation of the guy heading things. He's an asshat, as far as I'm concerned.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This is America where you get nickel and dimed to death and then your corpse gets sodomized for good measure.