Selling things on Ebay - Any tips?

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I am looking at selling things on ebay but its a lot more difficult than I thought it would be and besides you have to watch out for scammers as well.

So far I have posted two in the last 8 months and no one has bought the product despite them being in excellent condition

If you must what they are it's a TP-Link router and a watch worth $4000 but ebay has annoying limit of $2400

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am looking at selling things on ebay but its a lot more difficult than I thought it would be and besides you have to watch out for scammers as well.

So far I have posted two in the last 8 months and no one has bought the product despite them being in excellent condition

If you must what they are it's a TP-Link router and a watch worth $4000 but ebay has annoying limit of $2400

Take high resolution pictures of the items from every angle. Make absolutely sure you describe any flaw, down to the tiniest detail otherwise the buyer will spot it upon purchase and return it. I don't know what you are asking for the router, but any item you sell on eBay better be significantly lower than you can get it elsewhere on eBay or another site. The watch might be a very hard sell at anything over $2000, even if it's worth it. People are not likely to spend that kind of money on eBay for a watch or jewelry or gemstones.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I would take the watch to a jeweler . All you need to do is loose it in transit or have to have it go back and forth to possible buyers and be damaged in the process . You may not get as much for it, but at least you will know that it is still in one piece. Flea bay can be a nightmare . I won a bid for three exhaust pipes for one of my bikes , $80 US shipped to my door . I could not see in the pics but 2 of the pipes were completely rotted on the bottom and it was not shown in the pics so I got scammed . It was the last thing I ever bought of fleabay .
;-)