Season 2 of V will premiere with Jane Badler's return!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
SG10_LA2010.jpg

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-V-1022933.aspx

REPRINT:

Even though she played lizard leader Diana to wicked perfection on NBC's original V from 1983-85, Jane Badler tells me she had to fight fang and nail to get cast as an all-new version of Diana on ABC's reboot. "From the moment I heard V was coming back, it was something I was hoping to be part of, but they tested a lot of people for this role," confides Jane from the Vancouver set. "A lot of years have passed, so it feels good to win something." While this is an entirely different take on Diana — reimagined as the wicked mother of Anna (Morena Baccarin) — Jane admits it's been challenging not to slither right back into her wonderfully over-the-top '80s performance. "I'm still the way I've always been — lots of hair and eyes. A bit Raquel Welch-ish."

When V returns in November, we'll see Diana imprisoned on the mother ship in a cell designed to look like the reptilian visitors' home planet. (Don't ask Badler to describe the details, as they'll all be added via special effects.) Who sent her there? None other than daughter Anna! "I'm the queen in exile, locked away in a dungeon for 15 years," says Jane. "It's mother abuse!

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
Me <3 V

I LOVE this show. And I think it would be really cool for Anna, as bad and badass as she is, to have another V, maybe even a superior, to play off against. I'm sure the chemistry between Anna and Diana will be awesome. I can't wait! Whichever SGU episode premieres at that time will tank.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yessssssssssss!!!!

Tempering the bad news that they've cut the season order down to 10 episodes is the news that Jane Badler has extended her stay for all 10 episodes:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-Desperate-1024681.aspx?rss=breakingnews

CAN IT FRICKKING START ALREADY!?!?!?!?!?!?

I saw that coming! Jane Badler has the power to re-ignite the dormant V fanbase which is HUGE. Several million, if I remember correctly. Millions of 30 and 40-somethings (and older) will be dying to see this show. Even with only 10 episodes, I think we will have a HUGE hit in V as it gets going.

GREAT FIND!!!!:joy:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Plus remember, the reason they made the episode order 10 was not lack of faith in V but rather they wanted the whole run to fit in the timeslot because Dancing With the Stars starts immedately afterward.