Council Member & Author
batmanbatcyclecropwatermarked-M.png

Pretty darn cool bike!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
batmanbatcyclecropwatermarked-M.png

Pretty darn cool bike!

Why does everything being spied on this new Batman flick only feature that stupid motorcycle? I want to see the Batmobile, not the motorcycle. :icon_mad: It is stupid looking to me, and I really hope that this is not going to just be the Catwoman show. I cant see Anne Hathaway being evil. It will make me chuckle for sure.

That bike....the wheels are too fat for a motorcycle. it's too long, the weapons on it are too big....

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Why does everything being spied on this new Batman flick only feature that stupid motorcycle? I want to see the Batmobile, not the motorcycle. :icon_mad: It is stupid looking to me, and I really hope that this is not going to just be the Catwoman show. I cant see Anne Hathaway being evil. It will make me chuckle for sure.

That bike....the wheels are too fat for a motorcycle. it's too long, the weapons on it are too big....

I'm afraid having Catwoman in there may turn out to be a really tacky idea but I hope I'm wrong. Two very well written blockbusters. I guess it's too optimistic to hope for a perfect 3rd.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

The Batman is about suspension of disbelief, which explains why the sun is never out while Bruce Wayne is in his Batman costume. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The Batman is about suspension of disbelief, which explains why the sun is never out while Bruce Wayne is in his Batman costume. ;)

Dont get me wrong, I DO like Batman and the whole caped crusader thing. What I dont like is all the hype for Catwoman and that motorcycle. Batman drives a CAR, not a motorcycle. Show me the car, show me Batman. Lets put the cat outside for a while. :) Of course, Im talking about TPTB who think that "leaking" stuff about Catwoman is going to drive a cultist swarm into theaters.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Actually, it appears that it was a male stuntman, and that that was intended to be the Bat, himself.

If I'd been able to get a shot of the Batmobile, I certainly would have. They're supposed to be shooting again over the next day or two. I'll see what I can do at that time, if anything.

No promises, the security can be a bit special about this kind of stuff, not that I blame them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually, it appears that it was a male stuntman, and that that was intended to be the Bat, himself.

If I'd been able to get a shot of the Batmobile, I certainly would have. They're supposed to be shooting again over the next day or two. I'll see what I can do at that time, if anything.

No promises, the security can be a bit special about this kind of stuff, not that I blame them.

Oh, no Im not talking about YOU leaking anything, sweetie! Im talking all the hype coming from the spin doctors and the "leak" of Anne Hathaway in her outfit. I think they were hoping for a "WOW!" moment, and then a fan frenzy for Catwoman. But the generally "meh" response has not yet been met with any reveals on Batman himself or the Batmobile. Just more and more of Anne and Catwoman and that bike. Perhaps the newest Batmobile is all CGI? That would mean that Batman would have to drive a chroma-keyed "slug" vehicle and then use a Batmobile CGI overlay? We know the bike is real. It looks very cool, but can you imagine actually riding that thing? Those wheels are so wide they almost make the need for a kickstand unnecessary. :) It just looks clunky to me....fat wheels for no reason, fashion over form, etc.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Oh, no Im not talking about YOU leaking anything, sweetie! Im talking all the hype coming from the spin doctors and the "leak" of Anne Hathaway in her outfit. I think they were hoping for a "WOW!" moment, and then a fan frenzy for Catwoman. But the generally "meh" response has not yet been met with any reveals on Batman himself or the Batmobile. Just more and more of Anne and Catwoman and that bike. Perhaps the newest Batmobile is all CGI? That would mean that Batman would have to drive a chroma-keyed "slug" vehicle and then use a Batmobile CGI overlay? We know the bike is real. It looks very cool, but can you imagine actually riding that thing? Those wheels are so wide they almost make the need for a kickstand unnecessary. :) It just looks clunky to me....fat wheels for no reason, fashion over form, etc.
The damned thing is LOUD. Very loud.

Seriously, it would have been nice if someone had installed a muffler on the damned thing. It sounds like a horror movie version of The Lawnmower From Heck.

It echoed very nicely, going up Wilshire Boulevard. LOL

Bluce Ree

Dont get me wrong, I DO like Batman and the whole caped crusader thing. What I dont like is all the hype for Catwoman and that motorcycle. Batman drives a CAR, not a motorcycle. Show me the car, show me Batman. Lets put the cat outside for a while. :) Of course, Im talking about TPTB who think that "leaking" stuff about Catwoman is going to drive a cultist swarm into theaters.

*sigh*

Batman and Robin / Batgirl all over again. Back to tacky, I guess. They can never leave well enough alone and keep going with the formula that made a franchise so successful. There always has to be that guy at the far end of the conference table who says, "Hey! How about if we ..." to whom TPTP inexplicably listen and ruin everything.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
*sigh*

Batman and Robin / Batgirl all over again. Back to tacky, I guess. They can never leave well enough alone and keep going with the formula that made a franchise so successful. There always has to be that guy at the far end of the conference table who says, "Hey! How about if we ..." to whom TPTP inexplicably listen and ruin everything.

Next thing, we will have the splash graphics that say POW! and WHAM! :roll: dont understand why the old Batman had plenty of skin showing and now we have a mummy outfit for Catwoman. The latest Trek went back to miniskirts and go go boots...

Bluce Ree

Next thing, we will have the splash graphics that say POW! and WHAM! :roll: dont understand why the old Batman had plenty of skin showing and now we have a mummy outfit for Catwoman. The latest Trek went back to miniskirts and go go boots...

I will throw fruit at the screen if they do that. Then, I will go into the projector room and kick the projector guy's ass in protest while saying "BOOM!" and "POW!".

I don't understand the point of going back to mini skirts and go-go boots. Maybe Abrams was too stoned to realize that mini skirts and thigh high boots were the style back in the 60s when the show first aired.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I will throw fruit at the screen if they do that. Then, I will go into the projector room and kick the projector guy's ass in protest while saying "BOOM!" and "POW!".

I don't understand the point of going back to mini skirts and go-go boots. Maybe Abrams was too stoned to realize that mini skirts and thigh high boots were the style back in the 60s when the show first aired.

:rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing:

I like the miniskirts! Thing is, if that is the uniform, how do they do "large people"? Do the men get to wear them too? LOL! In the first season of Star Trek TNG, they had men wearing skirts in it, as well as trousers. I did NOT like that, but they tried it. :)

images.jpg

Bluce Ree

:rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing:

I like the miniskirts! Thing is, if that is the uniform, how do they do "large people"? Do the men get to wear them too? LOL! In the first season of Star Trek TNG, they had men wearing skirts in it, as well as trousers. I did NOT like that, but they tried it. :)

View attachment 6091

Where did you get that picture? LMFAO!!!
:laughing::rotflmao::lol::rotflmao::laughing:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
LOL, what a pic.

Nice vid, I think the camera work and lighting in the end product make a huge difference. I wish they'd show more Bane rather than Catwoman.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
IIRC, it's out of "encounter at farpoint", the TNG pilot

YRC (you recall correctly!)

Yes, and in that same episode:

Man_in_a_skirt.jpg

GO GURL! Wit yo bad seff. Bahahahaha. :rotflmao: Those skirts were dumped before the 5th episode. :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I'm really glad we never got to see Worf in one of those outfits. :facepalm: