Scott Bakula reveals there were plans for Enterprise movies

G

Graybrew1

He would have made a great first officer. Since it was the first ship , I highly doubt that they would have picked a captain so laid back as Archer. But Bakula , I still believe would have been a good addition just not as the best captain. The first captain should have been more of a stuffed shirt toe the line , General Hammond type. Half the galaxy hated them, so a devil may care cool captain with his cute little dog did not quite cut it.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
He would have made a great first officer. Since it was the first ship , I highly doubt that they would have picked a captain so laid back as Archer. But Bakula , I still believe would have been a good addition just not as the best captain. The first captain should have been more of a stuffed shirt toe the line , General Hammond type. Half the galaxy hated them, so a devil may care cool captain with his cute little dog did not quite cut it.
Totally agree... the cute little beagle was adorable and a perfect match for Bakula... but it was wrong, and he was wrong, on many levels.

The actor playing Tripp would've been a better captain. Heck, the woman captain that Archer went rock climbing with would've been more ballsy. Picard had an unusual "renaissance man" style, equally fluent with poetry and humanity, starship combat and standing up to people. But they didn't need that for Archer. They needed a hard-edged guy that was pure action, fistfights, and flyboy; there's a certain arrogance that's needed for that type of guy, who you might hate to marry but you'd love to have at your back in a barfight. Bakula was just wrong for the job... and the design of Archer's "softy heart of gold" character with his cute beagle was also wrong.

G

Graybrew1

Totally agree... the cute little beagle was adorable and a perfect match for Bakula... but it was wrong, and he was wrong, on many levels.

The actor playing Tripp would've been a better captain. Heck, the woman captain that Archer went rock climbing with would've been more ballsy. Picard had an unusual "renaissance man" style, equally fluent with poetry and humanity, starship combat and standing up to people. But they didn't need that for Archer. They needed a hard-edged guy that was pure action, fistfights, and flyboy; there's a certain arrogance that's needed for that type of guy, who you might hate to marry but you'd love to have at your back in a barfight. Bakula was just wrong for the job... and the design of Archer's "softy heart of gold" character with his cute beagle was also wrong.

I think a couple of times the bad guys actually did go after his dog too. Remember when it went pee on the forbidden grass. LOL
It was a little too, I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too. :facepalm:

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
I think a couple of times the bad guys actually did go after his dog too. Remember when it went pee on the forbidden grass. LOL
It was a little too, I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too. :facepalm:
I love little beagles, my grandmother had one a long time ago. Cutest thing, and very sweet.

I literally cringed when the Ferengi picked up the dog as "treasure"... one of the stupidest moments I've ever seen in any Trek.

G

Graybrew1

I love little beagles, my grandmother had one a long time ago. Cutest thing, and very sweet.

I literally cringed when the Ferengi picked up the dog as "treasure"... one of the stupidest moments I've ever seen in any Trek.

Well, at least it offered some comic relief. :rolleyes:
Don't get me wrong , I love my Dog, I was so scared when she ran into the street the other day. But Archer was responsible for a shipload of crew and he slept in the Medical lab when his doggie got sick. :mallozzicry: He was so distracted they should have taken command from him temporarily.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Well, at least it offered some comic relief. :rolleyes:
Don't get me wrong , I love my Dog, I was so scared when she ran into the street the other day. But Archer was responsible for a shipload of crew and he slept in the Medical lab when his doggie got sick. :mallozzicry: He was so distracted they should have taken command from him temporarily.
Oh God... I must've missed that, thankfully.

G

Graybrew1

Oh God... I must've missed that, thankfully.

Yes, Dr. Phlox was operating on his pituitary gland because he had some virus and so they had a fake dog floating in a water tube. The whole ep was pretty bad, not one of the better ones.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Yes, Dr. Phlox was operating on his pituitary gland because he had some virus and so they had a fake dog floating in a water tube. The whole ep was pretty bad, not one of the better ones.
Oh good lord... I'm glad I missed it, lol!