Council Member & Author

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

One less reason to tune to the SyFy channel I guess... :facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I knew it...

I already figured this when there was a delay, and right there it was done. :( I am not at all surprised, but I also think that the new work on Primeval that Amanda and some other Stargate people will more than make up for it. Of all the shows which have come up in recent times. Primeval's premise and the Team idea of Stargate is the closest comparison. I am sad to see Sanctuary go, but I also think that Syfy needs to go as well. Now, I really hope their karma starts to affect them. Wouldnt it be something id Wrestling took a dump? The reality shows are already played out, and Wrestling and the other crap they have on there cant carry them forever. If I was a scifi production company, I wouldn't even look Syfy's direction, after the distinct pattern they have shown in dealing with science fiction.

Syfy = The cooking/wrestling/reality show channel. :icon_neutral:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I never got into the show but snookie loved it! :( this just sucks!

SciphonicStranger

You still tune in to Syfy? I don't even bother anymore. Anything I wanna catch on TV, like Eureka, I just go to Hulu and call it a day.

Don't remind me about Eureka... :(

Soon I will be down to Warehouse 13 and Lost Girl only.

G

Graybrew1

I am not being quite as understanding as some of you. If you dare, take a peek at my comments in the shoutbox.
Frak Syfy.................but not quite so clean............for not at least ending the show for the fans after all the uproar at SG. This feels like their way of telling the Scifi fans to go suck a rotten egg.

G

Graybrew1

The writing had gone down hill, and there will too many ships....but the fans still deserved a proper end.

SciphonicStranger

BTW MODS, we need a new show for the "guess the ratings" crystal ball award. How about if we switch to Warehouse 13? Or maybe it should be put up for a vote.

I'm not sure how this sort of thing works but I would assume the forum council has to agree since there would be awards involved.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
BTW MODS, we need a new show for the "guess the ratings" crystal ball award. How about if we switch to Warehouse 13? Or maybe it should be put up for a vote.

I'm not sure how this sort of thing works but I would assume the forum council has to agree since there would be awards involved.

Warehouse 13? I love that show! Im all for that, so what color should the Crystal Ball be?

SciphonicStranger

Mauve is a shade of purple, right? I think that works. Wouldn't want to have something gaudy hanging next to my avatar. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That would be cool! Especially if they let Tapping do her thing and she makes sure there is no woke crap in it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That would be cool! Especially if they let Tapping do her thing and she makes sure there is no woke crap in it.
iirc the last episode set it in the hollow earth?

They need to avoid moving so fast in the show and taking in too much scope in the story. It is unnecessary to make the earth hollow to tell a story about underground beings. Stories need to stay away from "the human race is threatened" and narrow it down to "the city is in danger". I think the show bit off more than it could chew and it didn't need to.