Sanctuary episode #413 "Sanctuary For None part 2" *Spoilers*

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
A lot of reveals in this one. Helen's "vacation" was traced. The Big Guy went rogue. Tesla, Kate, and Bruno all made an appearance.

There was a lot of enjoyable character interaction. Magnus kicked some ass.

*** :eek: And then the shocking ending! :eek: ***

Magnus kissed a vampire! :eek:

There was a big bang moment at the end and an uncertain next season. What more could anyone want? ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

Well I think in contrast to the previous one, this was actually a good episode. Everything was nicely balanced. It appears the whole "situation" has been resolved.

It seems Helen's project was to create a secret hollow-earth-like sanctuary.

I guess we'll get to see more of that next season, if ever there'll be one.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Assuming a renewal (and the ratings have not been bad so it is possible), they have set themselves a very nice jumping off point for future episodes. And now that we can see Helen's plan carried out it makes a lot more sense, and in fact it makes the prior episodes work better. One challenge was that they were actually serialized but no one had been told and the serialization was not obvious.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Boy did Caleb look awfully surprised that things didn't quite go his way.

I laughed. Yes. I really did.

Hehe.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep, Caleb really got drilled....

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The more I think about that finale the more I have to respect what they did.

They have basically reset the show to where things stood at the start of season one. With the Sanctuaries all gone and the abnormals in district five also gone the whole existence of abnormals is back out of the public eye. Magnus publically disclosing it and then none being found reinforces it as the media will now consider it a false story. With the abnormals being hidden once again eventually the govermnent will lose its focus of attention (governments do that) and the Sanctuaries can get back to their original business of finding and helping abnormals.

Of course, this new way of operating will have its challenges. The Sanctuary team will need to work incognito on the surface and no doubt Magnus will use shell corporations and other such devices to move monies around where needed. Also the abnormal team members will need to be discrete especially about using their abilities. On the other hand, the new Sanctuary appears to be built using Praxian technology and likely is VERY well defended.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
So this whole season was just a big reset button? :tealcanime23:

I hope they come up with a good new story arc for season 5, and maybe go a little lighter on the shipping this time. Oh, and I would not be crushed if they brought back Ashley for an episode or two either. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

If they didn't get renewed I wouldn't be upset. This would be a fine way to end the series in my opinion.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If they didn't get renewed I wouldn't be upset. This would be a fine way to end the series in my opinion.

It must be the turn of a new year as I find myself agreeing with you here.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I feel the same way, especially as it seems that Chris' work on the show is done.

If Chris is gone, then I, also am gone.

I was wondering this same thing. If Sanctuary comes back there's a chance they will do something weird and wacky to resurrect "Big guy". To me that's just a soapish gimmick. I mean, if characters can never die then we, the viewers, don't have any reason to fear for their safety.

I liked "Ashley" and would have preferred they didn't kill her off but once they did I was glad that they didn't have her magically return every single season ad nauseum.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I can't find it, but there is supposed a Christopher Heyerdahl interview out there where he implies that he won't be part of the show anymore. :( Like I said, if he's gone, then I won't be coming back. It scares me that they've brought Tesla on to "replace" him in the fans' hearts, but much as I love Tesla, I need The Big Guy there at the Sanctuary.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I can't find it, but there is supposed a Christopher Heyerdahl interview out there where he implies that he won't be part of the show anymore. :( Like I said, if he's gone, then I won't be coming back. It scares me that they've brought Tesla on to "replace" him in the fans' hearts, but much as I love Tesla, I need The Big Guy there at the Sanctuary.

At least he's getting plenty of work. He's been in everything from Twilight to Hell on Wheels. I have to say that I really respect working actors like that. There are certain ones that just plug away at constantly working and doing various roles. It's a hard business to succeed in so it's great when someone gets continual work like Chris does. Plus when you see him in a completely new and different role you know that he will be good.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So this whole season was just a big reset button? :tealcanime23:

I hope they come up with a good new story arc for season 5, and maybe go a little lighter on the shipping this time. Oh, and I would not be crushed if they brought back Ashley for an episode or two either. ;)

I would say reset button is too strong, as "reset buttons" imply that events were erased from existence which they were not. What they did was get the overall situation back to something like the first season.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well for now, Chris has been on "Hell On Wheels" on AMC, which I really really like. He's gotten another character he can wrap himself around quite nicely. So that may be where I end up getting my Heyerdahl fix.

He's playing "The Swede" (who is actually Norwegian). Heyerdahl loves playing the character, by the way.

:)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Well for now, Chris has been on "Hell On Wheels" on AMC, .....

He's playing "The Swede" (who is actually Norwegian). Heyerdahl loves playing the character, by the way.

:)

There will be second series of Hell On Wheel so Mr Bigfoot might be taking a vacation from Sanctuary for a long ...time.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
There will be second series of Hell On Wheel so Mr Bigfoot might be taking a vacation from Sanctuary for a long ...time.
I love his character on Hell on Wheels.

We've only gotten to hear that delightful laugh once thus far this first season. I'm hoping I get to hear it again sometime in the final two episodes of the season.

It's hilarious to hear him doing the Norwegian accent. There's something about the way Chris Heyerdahl grabs hold of a character and makes it his own.

An interview he did that covers his work on Hell on Wheels, mentions Sanctuary, and his work on the Twilight movies.

http://collider.com/christopher-heyerdahl-hell-on-wheels-twilight-breaking-dawn-interview/128970/