Sanctuary episode #406 "Home Coming" *Spoilers*

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I forgot to set up this thread last night. It wasn't the best episode this year but Magnus saved the day at the end.

And teal eyeshadow rules! :P

SciphonicStranger

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
OMG, way way wayyyyyyyy too saccharine at the end with the orphans. :roll:

And the best they could do for a side story was Will having daddy issues??? :facepalm:

It's episodes like this one that remind me why I don't care if I miss the show. It was like the writing and directing was done by an 8th grader.

S

Stonelesscutter

The bat people! And Will had some daddy flashbacks. :P

Oh yes. Now it suddenly makes sense why I couldn't remember it.

I thought the bat-people were over-acting a lot. They didn't look very believable either, especially with them contact lenses, those were just wrong.

Like Shaved said, the daddy story came out of nowhere and didn't do anything for the plot of either the episode or the series as a whole.

G

Graybrew1

I hated the father back story. Made me almost sick.I liked the funny bat guy. He was a bit snarky. And his woman rolling her eyes at him was perfect.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well I guess I am going to be in the minority here.

I kinda liked both storylines.

The Will story (which is the B Story) was a good way to flesh out his character without getting overly annoying. So I did not mind it.

The A Story was good. The bat couple were hilarious with the bickering, and the writers did a good job of making the viewer think that they are con artists right up to the very end. These are two characters I would not mind seeing again. And yes, I liked the "saccharine" ending. I am glad they chose not to get dark.

Add in something else good - NO SHIPPING!

So far out of the episodes this season they have been mostly strong. The only really bad one was a couple of weeks ago where the shipping was unbearable.

SciphonicStranger

Doesn't "saccharine" = "sappy"? :P

I just chalked this one up as a fun filler ep. :)