Sanctuary episode #405 "Resistance" *Spoilers*

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Tesla invented teslatricity. And Magnus didn't kiss anyone this week. :P

Discuss...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It was an okay episode. The "Nicky" joke was just begging to be told better though. Plus I didn't find Helen's horror over Tesla's position to be rational. Like he said, he took the job so he could operate from inside the government and keep tabs on them. Sure he can't be trusted but that was a pretty good reason for doing what he did. I like the sort of grudging respect Tesla is developing for Henry when they work together.

No rutting this episode which is good. I'd like to know why Will always looks like he has indigestion though. He just seems like a real buzz kill of a person. You know he was never invited to parties in college, he just gives off that vibe.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually I rather liked this one - it is refreshing to see Sanctuary without the shipping. And it was pretty good.

Helen instinctively does not trust Tesla, but she learned a lesson right at the end. Having a Tesla "working the inside" was invaluable. I suspect the abnormals brought to him did mange to "get lost" and find their way back to Hollow Earth.

Plus, Tesla's schemes are always entertaining. Jonathon Young plays the role well and having him come up with a new agenda now that he knows Sanguine Vampiris weren't all he had imagined them to be was needed and well done.

SciphonicStranger

When the plot demanded a trip to Area 51 I was sort of hoping that Helen would run into Sam Carter or Rodney McKay. :P

S

Stonelesscutter

I found this episode alright. Could have been better I guess but it could also have been a lot worse. Thankfully no Abby in it and there wasn't much of Will either. That little midget was annoying but that was his character so I guess he did well.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I found this episode alright. Could have been better I guess but it could also have been a lot worse. Thankfully no Abby in it and there wasn't much of Will either. That little midget was annoying but that was his character so I guess he did well.

Okay, now I will watch it. :). Downloading now!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hi Overmind!

I hope you find it as refreshing as I did - it is a reminder of what Sanctuary can do when they forget all the shipping and just put their well developed characters into a solid plot.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Great episode!

Hi Overmind!

I hope you find it as refreshing as I did - it is a reminder of what Sanctuary can do when they forget all the shipping and just put their well developed characters into a solid plot.

Oh my....this one was GREAT! This is one of the best episodes of Sanctuary to date. And they brought Area 51 into it...for good? I hope so. :) What if, as a nod to Stargate, they had a DHD or perhaps a staff weapon or a puddle jumper in the inventory at Area 51 in the background! This was indeed refreshing. No Abby, little Will, just the right amount of Tesla, perfect Henry. NO SHIPPING. This was one of the BEST!

:joy:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

The term "little midget" is both redundant and offensive. I thought you Euros were supposed to be enlightened? Your crassness sickens me.

(P.S. The little midget was rather annoying. I was glad when Big Guy beat him like a rag doll then put him in that weighted burlap sack and tossed his limp and broken body into the river. The darker tone Sanctuary is taking is so much better than all the happy crappy shipping going on. More dead midgets/less kissy face = quality entertainment in my book. ;) )

SciphonicStranger

It did have a little bit of a Stargate feel to it in that it had an interdimensional being similar to SG-1's Sight Unseen. :cool:

S

Stonelesscutter

The term "little midget" is both redundant and offensive. I thought you Euros were supposed to be enlightened? Your crassness sickens me.

(P.S. The little midget was rather annoying. I was glad when Big Guy beat him like a rag doll then put him in that weighted burlap sack and tossed his limp and broken body into the river. The darker tone Sanctuary is taking is so much better than all the happy crappy shipping going on. More dead midgets/less kissy face = quality entertainment in my book. ;) )

:icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Wait...I thought the Big Guy made him drink gasoline then put a lit cigarette in his mouth and roasted some marshmallows when the inevitable happened...:P