Sanctuary episode #403 "Untouchable" *Spoilers*

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I think we need to start up episode threads again. This one had an actor from Caprica in it. :P

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Was a meh episode to me. Too much political crap which I dislike. I can understand the need for some political backlash from recent events but wow. They really tuned Kate out! Not even a goodbye/departure episode, weiiiird.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Kate's departure episode was last week.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Kate'll be back this season. Just not as much. Sounds like she had a busy schedule going while Sanctuary was filming, so they had to work around things.

I enjoyed the episode. I loved how the UN got slammed as being a controlling bunch of stains.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Was a meh episode to me. Too much political crap which I dislike. I can understand the need for some political backlash from recent events but wow. They really tuned Kate out! Not even a goodbye/departure episode, weiiiird.

Kate's departure episode was last week.

Kate'll be back this season. Just not as much. Sounds like she had a busy schedule going while Sanctuary was filming, so they had to work around things.

I enjoyed the episode. I loved how the UN got slammed as being a controlling bunch of stains.

Groaaaaan. :facepalm:

Okay, I spent most of Saturday late-night catching up on the last half of Season 3, and I just watched episodes 1 and 2 of season 4. I really have some issues with it but I love the way this show brilliantly ties up old hanging threads. Still, these things bother me:

1. What did Helen do for 113 years before rejoining the timeline? Also, if the original Helen made it to 2010 and then was trapped back in time like the 2010 Helen was, then how can she return to 2010 113 years after and not change the timeline for the current future?
  2. Who is Jack the Ripper...Druitt, or that abnormal creature named Jack?
  3. Why would Helen send Kate to the Hollow Earth disaster when she has no skills to assist (real skills like science or technology). She isnt even an abnormal. Wouldn't her character be more inclined to join a mercenary group?
  4. Why is Erica suddenly back in the picture to couple up with Henry, and this Abby chick....are they planning to bring her into this show? :facepalm:
  5. Why are they coupling up the guys in the show, and why are we starting to hear about relationships and old boyfriends/girlfriends?
  6. Why does everything having to do with the Sanctuary now happen on a GLOBAL scale instead of being localized?
This show is the new Stargate (to me). It has the same energy, the same sort of convoluted associations between secret societies/factions, etc. I love the show but they could EASILY ruin it with coupling up the characters. What would be next, marriages and babies and child abnormals in the cast? OMG...a talking pet golden retriever abnormal who told unfunny jokes? :facepalm:/ It seems to be going too "Men in Black" to me. Im getting ready to watch episode 3 of season 4 now....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

But they cant just have her waltz back into the show without talking about how the rebuilding of Praxis is going, or about the Hollow Earth abnormals. Perhaps they will only bring her back to show her with a baby with cat eyes which she and Cat Boy from season 4 episode 2 had together. Then she can have a 15 minute goodbye scene. :facepalm:. I think they are gonna try to bring either Erica or Abby into the show (or both). Abby annoys me...she tries to hard to be funny. Also, she and Will just dont have the right chemistry IMO.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh my....a new Lycan baby to Erica and Will, a pregnancy that is going to take two years...this means that Erica will be in the show regularly :puke:. She is hot, but the whole "Werewolf with PMS" thing isn't working for me. And this new shadow UN team thing isnt working for me either. The only good thing was that Helen said that the Sanctuary was going to "make its own rules". I sure hope we dont get a slew of Government vs Sanctuary episodes this season. Still looking forward to next week!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Groaaaaan. :facepalm:

Okay, I spent most of Saturday late-night catching up on the last half of Season 3, and I just watched episodes 1 and 2 of season 4. I really have some issues with it but I love the way this show brilliantly ties up old hanging threads. Still, these things bother me:
  1. What did Helen do for 113 years before rejoining the timeline? Also, if the original Helen made it to 2010 and then was trapped back in time like the 2010 Helen was, then how can she return to 2010 113 years after and not change the timeline for the current future?
  2. Who is Jack the Ripper...Druitt, or that abnormal creature named Jack?
  3. Why would Helen send Kate to the Hollow Earth disaster when she has no skills to assist (real skills like science or technology). She isnt even an abnormal. Wouldn't her character be more inclined to join a mercenary group?
  4. Why is Erica suddenly back in the picture to couple up with Henry, and this Abby chick....are they planning to bring her into this show? :facepalm:
  5. Why are they coupling up the guys in the show, and why are we starting to hear about relationships and old boyfriends/girlfriends?
  6. Why does everything having to do with the Sanctuary now happen on a GLOBAL scale instead of being localized?
This show is the new Stargate (to me). It has the same energy, the same sort of convoluted associations between secret societies/factions, etc. I love the show but they could EASILY ruin it with coupling up the characters. What would be next, marriages and babies and child abnormals in the cast? OMG...a talking pet golden retriever abnormal who told unfunny jokes? :facepalm:/ It seems to be going too "Men in Black" to me. Im getting ready to watch episode 3 of season 4 now....

I would agree that Druitt is the 1888 Ripper and Spingheel Jack did a different series of murders 10 years later (which has actual history behind it - Springheel Jack was an actual historical personage in London of the era).

As to Kate, she is basically the Sanctuary representative to Hollow Earth - their conduit to Magnus should she need something from them or vice versa.

Helen rejoined the timeline after the went to the past, so no timeline problems. The reason she needed to lay very low for 113 years was because there was another Helen already present and active.

As to Erica and Abby, I don't get the feeling they are "coupling up" characters here - both are occasional characters. I suspect the prolonged pregnancy for Erica is in fact to let her not be a constant character whilst still creating a path for growth in Henry (impending fatherhood).

As to the Global scale, I would say that the last episode specifically addressed that. Helen's reason for engineering the decoupling of the Sanctuary from the government was that they had become part of the very system that they frequently needed to protect Abnormals from. Removing the high profile government angle will let them make the show more local - kind of getting back to its roots a bit.

BTW, I do agree that Sanctuary is the "spiritual" successor to Stargate, It has (as you mentioned) the same energy and atmosphere to it. Not too surprising since the creative and production team (Tapping and Kindler) have quite the history in Stargate.

G

Graybrew1

But they cant just have her waltz back into the show without talking about how the rebuilding of Praxis is going, or about the Hollow Earth abnormals. Perhaps they will only bring her back to show her with a baby with cat eyes which she and Cat Boy from season 4 episode 2 had together. Then she can have a 15 minute goodbye scene. :facepalm:. I think they are gonna try to bring either Erica or Abby into the show (or both). Abby annoys me...she tries to hard to be funny. Also, she and Will just dont have the right chemistry IMO.

I agree Abby and Will............Meh who cares?

I thought that Erica had to leave for two years? It was not considered safe for her to stay in the Sanctuary? Am I wrong?

Kate needs a new interesting storyline when she gets back.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I agree Abby and Will............Meh who cares?

I thought that Erica had to leave for two years? It was not considered safe for her to stay in the Sanctuary? Am I wrong?

Kate needs a new interesting storyline when she gets back.

That was not Erica. Erica left last season on her own for a position in England.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Erica is Henry's ladyfriend, but she was not (at least I don't think she was) leaving for 2 years last season to hide. She had an appointment in England that took her away.

G

Graybrew1

Erica is Henry's ladyfriend, but she was not (at least I don't think she was) leaving for 2 years last season to hide. She had an appointment in England that took her away.

Whoever is pregnant was told last ep they had to prolong the pregnancy to two years. I also remember Henry having to decide to stay or go with her because they deemed it not safe for her to stay?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Looks like a quick rewatch of the ending of the episode is in order to straighten it out...:biggrin:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Whoever is pregnant was told last ep they had to prolong the pregnancy to two years. I also remember Henry having to decide to stay or go with her because they deemed it not safe for her to stay?

You are correct...the preggers werewolf chick that is hooked up with Henry is Erica. In these last two episodes, we know that Erica is going to stay at the Sanctuary because it is safer. Magnus is monitoring the progress.