San Diego Comic Con 2012

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Bought my tickets last year (waited in line for a few hours to make sure I'd get them), so I can't wait for the middle of next month. :)

I'm planning to attend as many panels as possible and will video what I can when I'm there. There is a chance I will do some streaming commentary, but we'll see about that.

Does that interest anyone?

I'll also see about getting one or more autographs while I am there and maybe we can offer them here as the prize in a contest.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Sounds like an opportunity to get some front page content for the site. I say go for it! :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm going to try for that. Maybe do running commentary on the Chatbox area for some panels.

SciphonicStranger

I'm going to try for that. Maybe do running commentary on the Chatbox area for some panels.

Cool! If Brad Wright is on a panel I may have a few questions. :icon_mrgreen:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Cool! If Brad Wright is on a panel I may have a few questions. :icon_mrgreen:

If Brad Wright is on the panel, I may have a few dozen rotten eggs, although he's liable to just catch them in his mouth and call it "breakfast".

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
"Eff" Brad Wright! :very_drunk:

Can't wait to get feedback from the convention though. I totally envy you! :dispirited:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Thursday and Friday mornings will both begin with me waiting in line for something. Thursday it'll be waiting to pick up my badge and Friday will be to buy tickets for 2013. There will be two of us going, if anyone is wanting to get tix for next year, we can buy one for ourselves and then one more each (it's limited to two tickets per purchase and you can't go back in line again and buy more -- they also need to know EXACTLY who the ticket for next year is going to, so they can avoid scalpers).

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Should be fun. Can't wait to get reports from there. :daniel_new_anime021

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Knowing how difficult it will be to get into many panels, I've had to make the decision to choose only those panels I really really want to see, since they will end up requiring a lot of line standing/waiting to get in, if that's even possible.

For example, the panel for NBC's "Grimm" is being held on Saturday afternoon in one of the smaller rooms. So we'll be lining up for Futurama/The Simpsons at about 9am (they'll be in a much larger hall, fortunately) and going in as soon as we can get seats. Once we have those seats, we won't be leaving until 1pm, at which time we will go to line up for "Grimm" handling it the same way.

For Sunday, so far, we've only got "Fringe" planned, but we're not sure of anything else, as they haven't yet posted a time or hall/room for that panel. I'm NOT going to miss what may very well be the last ComicCon "Fringe" panel.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Can't wait for reports from the field! You're our very own embedded reporter. :applause:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, they've scheduled the Fringe panel for Sunday at 10am, so that'll be an early line-up day. I do NOT want to miss that panel for anything.

I'll see about doing a running commentary at the panel from my iPad. :)

SciphonicStranger

Well, they've scheduled the Fringe panel for Sunday at 10am, so that'll be an early line-up day. I do NOT want to miss that panel for anything.

I'll see about doing a running commentary at the panel from my iPad. :)

:smiley_joy:

Is there a Falling Skies panel? If so ask 'em when they are gonna kill off the kids. :biggrin:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Also when will we have the first human-skitter shipping? You know it is coming - inevitable in these types of shows.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I love you all, but you'd have to pay me a serious chunk of change to sit in on a Falling Skies panel.

One of my considerations at planning for panels has been what the lines will be like just to get in. It's fortunate/unfortunate that they don't clear rooms between panels, so as soon as I can get into a room for a panel, I'll be sitting my fat ass down and trying not to kill myself having to endure panels I don't give a tinker's damn about. Then once the panel I want is over with, it'll be on to the next line for the next panel.

At this point, the panels I will be going to, come hell or high water are:

Psych (sorry, I love this show and the panels have a history of being drop-dead hilarious)
wOOTstock (offsite musical performance by Paul and Storm of Da Vinci's Notebook fame Thursday evening)
Firefly
Futurama/The Simpsons
Grimm
Mythbusters
Lost Girl
Fringe

IF I can fit something else into the woodpile, I will try, but I can't make any promises. The lines for panels are obscene and nothing to sneeze at whatsoever.

MetalHurlant

GateFans Noob
Metal Hurlant Chronicles Premiere at Comic con

COMIC CON SAN DIEGO PREMIERE : Saturday 14 july/ 5.30/ Room 6DE :

Metal Hurlant Chronicles
- In the lineage of cult series such as The Twillight Zone, The Outer Limits and Tales from the Crypt, Metal Hurlant Chronicles is the science fiction live-action adaptation of stories from the eponymous world-renowned magazine that gave birth in the US to Heavy Metal. TV series world premiere screening followed by Q&A session with creator & director Guillaume Lubrano, actors Michael Jai White (Spawn, Black Dynamite,The Dark Knight) James Marsters (Buffy, Angel, Smallville) Darren Shahlavi(, MI4, IP man 2, Watchmen) fight choreographer Larnell Stovall (Mortal Kombat) and composer Jesper Kyd (Assassins Creed, Hitman), artist and authors, and more surprise guest....

teaser 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErrhNdIxQ_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErrhNdIxQ_U

twitter : http://twitter.com//MetalHurlantTV
Facebook fan page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Metal-Hurlant-Chronicles-tv-serie/142797009121218

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Mmm... Yeah.... Okay... :disturbed: