S2E8 "Death March" *Spoilers*

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
The trip to Charleston continues and eventually ends. We learn many new things about several of our heroes, including Maggie's troubled past and Tector's (Henry from Sanctuary) secret military history. Weaver's decision making is still rather spotty as he allows another harnessed kid to gather intelligence from Matt's diary.

Discuss!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Letting the aliens and their human "pets" escape so easily has grown tiresome. I don't care if they're part of some skitter rebellion, which is probably where they're headed with this story line. The humans seem so blissfully stupid about their surroundings and act in the most irrational way. Like when the skitter girl was escaping she simply ran by Tom and he didn't even try to stop her, he just let her run by. M'kay...

As it is I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin' tired of the hugging scenes with Tom. The kid runs up to Hal and they all hug and hug again and hug once more for good measure. :disgust:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
They've had Tom do so much hugging in this show that it would really be noticeable and make him seem out of character if they stopped right now. But maybe this is something that they can tone down in season 3 like they did with the in your face religion from season 1.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They've had Tom do so much hugging in this show that it would really be noticeable and make him seem out of character if they stopped right now. But maybe this is something that they can tone down in season 3 like they did with the in your face religion from season 1.

The problem is they use the hugging scenes wayyyyyyyy too much and now they have lost all meaning. Sure a father is going to care for his kids but this just makes Tom look overly needy and weak (I believe the technical term for this condition is "pussified"). It would be far more effective if they had him hug much, much less, like when Ben left the group, now that would be an understandable moment to hug, but to do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over loses all meaning.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
The problem is they use the hugging scenes wayyyyyyyy too much and now they have lost all meaning. Sure a father is going to care for his kids but this just makes Tom look overly needy and weak (I believe the technical term for this condition is "pussified"). It would be far more effective if they had him hug much, much less, like when Ben left the group, now that would be an understandable moment to hug, but to do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over loses all meaning.

You, sir, seem like you could use a big ol' hug.

tenderheart-bear-3.gif

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
ok watched this ep yesterday afternoon -- the "trip" was an excuse for too much one-on-one drama. The little girl is obviously turning into a skitter and her "brother " timmy has mostly become one-- why has no one commented on that! (yeah i was right--- per usual!)

telling the harnessed kids ALL your intel is rather stupid- why was no adult keeping matt away from the girl and preventing him from telling her all he knew???

oh yeah the tough's chick's story...boo hoo! sorry life is tough for many; why would Pope expect Hal to be shocked after the past year of alien hell?

oh tecter was a marine and feels guilty-- well get to heck over it!

of course charleston is "camoflagued" - otherwise the aliens would have attacked it again and again!

actually the only good part was seeing that the kids ARE turning into skitters!!:icon_clap:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
ok watched this ep yesterday afternoon -- the "trip" was an excuse for too much one-on-one drama. The little girl is obviously turning into a skitter and her "brother " timmy has mostly become one-- why has no one commented on that! (yeah i was right--- per usual!)

telling the harnessed kids ALL your intel is rather stupid- why was no adult keeping matt away from the girl and preventing him from telling her all he knew???

oh yeah the tough's chick's story...boo hoo! sorry life is tough for many; why would Pope expect Hal to be shocked after the past year of alien hell?

of course charleston is "camoflagued" - otherwise the aliens would have attacked it again and again!

actually the only good part was seeing that the kids ARE turning into skitters!!:icon_clap:

Good points! Some have occurred to me but I haven't been able to pay much attention to this show the last couple weeks.

Also, I can't separate certain actors from their previous roles, like "Max Headroom" and "Henry" from Sanctuary. At any rate, I'll watch the rest of the season if I can catch it but won't freak out if I don't.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The trip to Charleston continues and eventually ends. We learn many new things about several of our heroes, including Maggie's troubled past and Tector's (Henry from Sanctuary) secret military history. Weaver's decision making is still rather spotty as he allows another harnessed kid to gather intelligence from Matt's diary.

Discuss!

They messed up with that one. Any real military vet can tell you that Tector's demeanor is not that of any military soldier in any branch. He has the persona (in Falling Skies) of a Medic or a Chaplain. He has displayed too much emotion, and he just does not know how to act the part. Compare him to Weaver for reference. Even Col Young in SGU had it better, despite the fact that he would be considered a BAD officer, I still believed he was military. Even Lt Scott in SGU did better. Im not buying that Tector was a Ranger, not even for a minute. Research in military decorum will help him flesh out that character. Did you ever once question General Hammond's military cred? That is because he did his homework. Shows still not seeking help from the military or other experts, eh? At least the doctor in the show is believable!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Bull twinkies. Not believing that for one second. :) It is borderline insulting just to think about it.....:icon_razz:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Some fathers are like that! I think the hugging is a good thing IMO. I was raised on hugs from all of my family members and later with all my friends. Its at the point when people DONT get a hug, they think something is wrong.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, Henry from Sanctuary is now playing a former Jonny Reb who is terrorizing people while robbing trains before he finally heads down to Old Mexico with other Jonny Rebs on "Hell On Wheels".

So yes, he can play hard. I just think he's been softened up for "family" television in Falling Skies.