S06E09 - "Night Terrors" (S32E09)

Tropicana

Council Member
DrWho_Manual_Banner.jpg

Synopsis:

Every night George lies awake, terrorised by every fear you can possibly imagine – fears that live in his bedroom cupboard. His parents are getting desperate – George needs a doctor. Fortunately for George, his desperate pleas for help break through the barriers of all time and space and the Doctor makes a house call. But allaying his fears won’t be easy; because George’s monsters are real.

Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D4PEY1mItA

Airdates:

UK: BBC One, Saturday 03 September 2011, 7:10PM
US: BBC America, Saturday 03 September 2011, 9PM/8PM Central

G

Graybrew1

I did see this one, just starting to get into Dr. Who, and I agree the "Dolls" were nightmare inspiring. :eek:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep, Doctor Who is very effective and once again Matt Smith shines as the Doctor. I also like the changes in the show since Steven Moffat became showrunner.

Who under Moffat has somewhat more complex plotting and the characters are a touch more low key - under RTD near the end of his time everyone but especially the Doctor were really EMO. While not as low key as Classic Who Moffat's work definitely hearkens back to it.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I found this episode to be nothing more than filler.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
In a way it was "filler" in that it did not advance the story arc. However there is no requirement that every episode advance the arc. It was a standalone piece and did it quite effectively.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I agree with you but I didn't really enjoy the episode. "The Doctor's Wife" was another episode that didn't really advance the story arc but I found it enjoyable.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True. To each their own as it were.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I didn't really think that this episode was very good. The storyline simply didn't engage me and the whole episode just felt a bit all over the place. IMO, it just seemed like Mark Gatiss was trying to copy the style of Moffat episodes like The Empty Child, and he was not successful.