S06E06 - "The Almost People" (S32E06)

Tropicana

Council Member
606.png

Synopsis:

In 22nd century earth, the Doctor discovers humans using clones of themselves to perform dangerous tasks however, after a solar storm animates 'the flesh', the humans become locked in a xenophobic battle with their counterparts.

Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eh24ZTyyrY

Airdates:

UK: BBC One, Saturday 28 May 2011, 6:45PM
US: BBC America, Saturday 04 June 2011, 9PM/8PM Central
CAN: Space, Saturday 04 June 2011, 8PM/7PM Central
AUS: ABC 1, Saturday 04 June 2011, 7:30PM

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Fantastic episode! The twist at the end though came out of no where. Next week's episode looks to be another 2 parter by the looks of it.

Hmmm...is River song the daughter of Amy?

Tropicana

Council Member
I just watched this episode on the BBC iPlayer, I was worried this episode would end on an anti-climax but nope, this episode was cool, very nice twist and surprise in the end! :cool:

G

Graybrew1

This was the first episode of Dr. Who I have even seen. I have been meaning to try it, several friends have been raving about it. It was good, I think I will have to go back to the beginning and see If I can stream them somewhere. :biggrin:

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
This was the first episode of Dr. Who I have even seen. I have been meaning to try it, several friends have been raving about it. It was good, I think I will have to go back to the beginning and see If I can stream them somewhere. :biggrin:

Nice to see that you enjoyed it. :D So are you just going back and watch all the episodes with this current Doctor, or all the way back to season 1 of the the new series?

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Nice to see that you enjoyed it. :D So are you just going back and watch all the episodes with this current Doctor, or all the way back to season 1 of the the new series?

If you do the latter let us know, there's a few episodes of the older series (moffat penned ones) that you should probably watch as well.

Back this this episode though - Mind Blown! What a brilliant ending, so far this series is shaping up to be some of the best sci-fi in recent memory. It's become my most anticipated show week to week.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I'm not sure what would you suggest?

I'd suggest that you watch the ones with the current Doctor first because then it'll be quicker for you to catch up with the rest of us. There are one or two episodes with the previous Doctor that connects to with a few episodes from the last season, but nothing you need to know to be able to follow the episode or get who the characters are. Doctor Who also only have arcs that only last a season (except for the last season and this one) so you don't have to worry about jumping into the middle of things.

So go ahead and start watching season 5 and then you can go back and watch seasons 1-4 when you've caught up with the rest of us.

G

Graybrew1

I'd suggest that you watch the ones with the current Doctor first because then it'll be quicker for you to catch up with the rest of us. There are one or two episodes with the previous Doctor that connects to with a few episodes from the last season, but nothing you need to know to be able to follow the episode or get who the characters are. Doctor Who also only have arcs that only last a season (except for the last season and this one) so you don't have to worry about jumping into the middle of things.

So go ahead and start watching season 5 and then you can go back and watch seasons 1-4 when you've caught up with the rest of us.

Sounds good, I will look for them. :biggrin:

Green for your help.

Tropicana

Council Member
If you do the latter let us know, there's a few episodes of the older series (moffat penned ones) that you should probably watch as well.

Back this this episode though - Mind Blown! What a brilliant ending, so far this series is shaping up to be some of the best sci-fi in recent memory. It's become my most anticipated show week to week.
Ditto, looking forward to next week's episode. Can't believe we will have to wait til Sept for the conclusion to next week's episode. Never was a fan of the whole American TV obsession with mid-season finales.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Ditto, looking forward to next week's episode. Can't believe we will have to wait til Sept for the conclusion to next week's episode. Never was a fan of the whole American TV obsession with mid-season finales.

Moffat asked for it to be done this way. It's like he knows we all can't wait and wants to make us suffer :icon_twisted:.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Sounds good, I will look for them. :biggrin:

Green for your help.

You're welcome, and thanks for the green. :beckettu:

Personally, I think that Moffat enjoys seeing the fans suffer while waiting for new episodes.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Just got around to watching this episode and WOW, what an ending! :icon_eek: