S04E01 - Miracle Day: "The New World" [Season 4 Premiere]

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Humble suggestion - break this thread and put the vBulletin posts into a separate thread for conversion issues?

Tropicana

Council Member
So far - everything looks good from my end.

Regarding this episode, I do have a question about the "456 Amendments to U.S. Code 3184".

Why would the U.S Government pass an amendment that would result in extradition upon capture of Torchwood team? Was the U.S Government really that pissed off cos of the actions of the British Government and Jack Harkness during "Children of Time"? In the grand scheme of things, the U.S have done a lot more controversial stuff than Torchwood ever did.

Anyway, I can't help but sense that if Ianto Jones were still alive (Jack's BF, S1-3), the computer genius would have ensured that Torchwood would never have got captured.

B

Backstep

So far - everything looks good from my end.

Regarding this episode, I do have a question about the "456 Amendments to U.S. Code 3184".

Why would the U.S Government pass an amendment that would result in extradition upon capture of Torchwood team? Was the U.S Government really that pissed off cos of the actions of the British Government and Jack Harkness during "Children of Time"? In the grand scheme of things, the U.S have done a lot more controversial stuff than Torchwood ever did.

Anyway, I can't help but sense that if Ianto Jones were still alive (Jack's BF, S1-3), the computer genius would have ensured that Torchwood would never have got captured.

You may get your answer in next weeks ep, i hope this is not left as a plothole.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Possible spoiler alert

NOT SURE IF THESE ARE SPOILERS SO TREAD CAREFULLY:

I liked the TW episode. Bill Pullman is thoroughly creepy as the bad guy. The best scene (re-watch it if you can) is where Gwen is firing at the helicopter out the window while holding the baby in her arm. The look on the baby's face was sooooooo cute! She was even smiling! :icon_lol:

Tropicana

Council Member
NOT SURE IF THESE ARE SPOILERS SO TREAD CAREFULLY:

I liked the TW episode. Bill Pullman is thoroughly creepy as the bad guy. The best scene (re-watch it if you can) is where Gwen is firing at the helicopter out the window while holding the baby in her arm. The look on the baby's face was sooooooo cute! She was even smiling! :icon_lol:

vlcsnap-2011-07-10-16h35m45s36.png

:D

With little earmuffs on.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Didnt really expect that i would like this one as much as i did children of earth buit it really grabbed me so ill be watching :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Well, they got it for a little while, Now I've watched the FS premiere. I was going to go for torchwood, but That was probably going to be a bit too nasty for them.
What exactly is FS? Anyway I watched this episode, was enjoyable although how can Jack be mortal again? I mean he is a fixed point in the time. Hope the explanation isn't too shoddy later on.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
What exactly is FS? Anyway I watched this episode, was enjoyable although how can Jack be mortal again? I mean he is a fixed point in the time. Hope the explanation isn't too shoddy later on.

At that point in time it would have been Falling Skies.