Robert C. Cooper, Joseph Mallozzi, and Paul Mullie working on the Transporter seres

heisenberg

Earl Grey
:bradcry:

Can I just say...this emoticon specially this one, I literally laugh my ass off to. Who ever designed is a ******* genius. Another + to this forum.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I made it...thank you!

Can I just say...this emoticon specially this one, I literally laugh my ass off to. Who ever designed is a ******* genius. Another + to this forum.

Thank you very much! I made all of these smileys just for this site:

:robertcooper::bradcry::mallozzicry::jmm::sgusucks::sgufan::cancelbear:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Havent you noticed?

So he is basically nothing without other people around him to create Stargate? Then with the death knell of SGU & the writers/producers moving onto pastures green, it is only a matter of time before it is just him sitting in an empty conference room waiting for plot ideas to be shot his way (if he hasn't been reasssinged/fired already that is).

It was him and Glassener who created SG-1, and that idea was taken from Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin...not their creation. Then Glassener left and that left Brad on the throne for the remainder of the Stargate Franchise as king. When he started running out of ideas, he got Cooper onboard and Mozz and the rest. Atlantis wasnt his idea alone, it was Cooper's idea and he and Brad developed that but Mozz and Mullie and Gero and Binder were doing the heavy lifting whilst Brad sat his fat behind on his throne making all the decisions and weilding all the main powers. He is the one who decided to end Atlantis for SGU. And SGU was Cooper's baby and Brad just helped him flesh it out.

I think Cooper left because he didnt feel he needed Brad or Stargate. I hope we find out the real deal on that move. But now we have Mozz, Paul Mullie and Cooper together again but doing something other than Stargate? Too coincidental. Brad is writhing in worry and will make no headway without a host to attach himself to. Who is he gonna steal ideas from now? Poor Brad. :bradcry:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thank you!

s

:rotflmao: :laughing: good ones lol...also I love your sig...very creative :)

Thank you very much! I take requests...if you think it will be used a lot by members here, I will make one if you have a good idea. :) Im working on a new signature which is an animated LCARS display using Stargate data.

Red Mage

Boney
Why would anyone want to make a series from those movies? They were the definition of style over substance. Slick action scenes but the unispired writing and characters make the films ultimately forgettable. Without the effects budget that the films had, would the slick action transfer over to a television series? Probably not. The fact Roberta, Pauline and Loretta are at the helm doesn't instill confidence the writing will be any better than the films.

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
I agree, mostly

I agree that they destroyed the franchise. No question there. They are responsible for SGU and the current decline of Stargate. I am generally a person who doesn't hold grudges, which was why I wasn't as hard on them in my first post. With that said, I do find it ironic that Cooper, Mallozzi, and Mullie are working on a series that is the exact opposite of what they wanted to do with SGU. I guess they learned their lesson (that they can't do serious drama and have lost their sci-fi touch). I am glad they are working on other projects because it means that they are gone from Stargate. And Stargate needs a new creative team. So overall, I am treating this as good news.

As for the Transporter, it was a good series of action movies. Nothing special, but I like Jason Statham so I enjoyed it. I think it's a good premise (a mercenary who acts as a high-profile messenger who delivers ANYTHING). A good group of writers can do really well with this given more time than a two hour movie.

THX1138

GateFans Member
Overmind posted a brief video where RC and BW are interviewed pre-SGU about the show. I'm not sure what thread it was in but it was pretty recently. At any rate, RC took credit by happily explaining things about the show, which pretty much proves that he was responsible for much of it.

I do think it's funny that RC ***** up the Stargate name and then slips out the back door leaving Brad Wright with the mess. :icon_lol: "Weasel" is an apt name for him.

And more evidence of his "weaselness" -
he is now passing his getting fired at the same time as M&M as "He helped get the new production up and running".

It's funny how the trio disappear around the same time, mere months into production with filming only done on a couple of episodes ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And more evidence of his "weaselness" -
he is now passing his getting fired at the same time as M&M as "He helped get the new production up and running".

It's funny how the trio disappear around the same time, mere months into production with filming only done on a couple of episodes ;)

They got FIRED. Simple as that. :) It happens all the time, but when it happs to Mozz, "He helped get the new production up and running"? :rotflmao:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They got FIRED. Simple as that. :) It happens all the time, but when it happs to Mozz, "He helped get the new production up and running"? :rotflmao:

Someone like Stephen Spielberg helps get new productions up and running. His plate is full and he can only devote so much time to all his varied cinematic interests. Mozz? Um, yeah, if they hadn't put a boot in his backside he's still be there "helping" out. His excuse for no longer being on the show staff simply doesn't hold water. He spent how many weeks and months anguishing on his lousy blog about having to move across Canada for this new writing job. I mean, did we or did we not read all about the trials and tribulations of how he would handle moving his dogs? Now we're expected to believe that all that hustle and bustle was for a temp job he was "helping" out on? :roll:

Good to know he's still the shallow, lying, neurotic, pathetic piece of crap that we all know and love.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Someone like Stephen Spielberg helps get new productions up and running. His plate is full and he can only devote so much time to all his varied cinematic interests. Mozz? Um, yeah, if they hadn't put a boot in his backside he's still be there "helping" out. His excuse for no longer being on the show staff simply doesn't hold water. He spent how many weeks and months anguishing on his lousy blog about having to move across Canada for this new writing job. I mean, did we or did we not read all about the trials and tribulations of how he would handle moving his dogs? Now we're expected to believe that all that hustle and bustle was for a temp job he was "helping" out on? :roll:

Good to know he's still the shallow, lying, neurotic, pathetic piece of crap that we all know and love.

I just shake my head at his antics. Like you said, he took pictures of his old Vancouver place and then talked about flying his dogs on a chartered flight, finding the best eateries in the area (complete with pics), and he even took his girlfriend Akemi and her demented (but cute) dishes of grinning eggs and baked dog cookies. I mean, OMG, WTF? The dude just cant fess up to anything. Im almost glad we didn't get that awful movie from him ending Atlantis. I will be fair though, he seemed to show some emotional growth from the time SGU started failing. But looks like he forgot to do the homework again. :roll: