Robert C. Cooper, Joseph Mallozzi, and Paul Mullie working on the Transporter seres

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
A bit of news from Gateworld, Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie are moving on to other projects. They will potentially be working on the forthcoming Transporter series (based on the movies starring Jason Statham). And Robert C. Cooper is working on that show for sure.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/02/stargate-producers-headed-for-the-transporter-tv-series/

Honestly I see this as a good thing for more reasons than one. Obviously they have jobs since SGU's cancellation and they have given many years to Stargate, so I wish them well in their future endeavors. With that said, this shows that there is a changing of the guard. It's a good sign that there will be new blood and a new creative team coming in to work on future incarnations of Stargate, which is absolutely necessary. Reactions? Thoughts?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I don't care for Paul Mullie/RCP and Lorretta get a job...they ruined stargate.

Honestly I see this as a good thing for more reasons than one. Obviously they have jobs since SGU's cancellation
and they have given many years to Stargate, so I wish them well in their future endeavors
I don't! They ruined my stargate. Had it cancelled. I will give it a try but, this is so retarded...stargate franchise has been humilated with such bile like this. They went from action/advenutre/sci-fi to drama/soapy shit and now they are going back to the funny/action/high paced adventure writing...?
With that said, this shows that there is a changing of the guard. It's a good sign that there will be new blood and a new creative team coming in to work on future incarnations of Stargate, which is absolutely necessary. Reactions? Thoughts?
Stargate universe was a costly mistake(a big one actually) it never should have happened,even if it did they should have allowed a few more years until starting filming it. Universe totally fucked the legacy, the stargate name made over the 15 seasons it was on air for.I feel really pissed off that, they are just going to take the cancellation of universe very lightly, it should have sent alarm bells ringing. They didn't listen to fans of stargate(not universe)...and look what happened? Idk what the executives at MGM must have interpreted universe as...but I certainly hope that they didn't view it as a stargate show.Obivously, Brad Wright and Joseph Mallozzi don't care...they have a truck load of money stashed up.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
I'll give them exactly what they gave me and we'll call it even as long as they don't touch anything Stargate ever again. They forgot about or should I say didn't care about the fanbase. Wish them well? No I don't think so but I will wish them good riddence.

Savatage

GateFans Member
I'm just happy they are gone. It also gives us something to look forward to. I mean, I always enjoyed watching the ratings for SGU every week, now we have another show to keep tabs on.

I'm curious, how many of you are going to watch "The Transporter" series? I didn't see any of the movies, so I'm personally not interested.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
I'm just happy they are gone. It also gives us something to look forward to. I mean, I always enjoyed watching the ratings for SGU every week, now we have another show to keep tabs on.

I'm curious, how many of you are going to watch "The Transporter" series? I didn't see any of the movies, so I'm personally not interested.

I saw one and it wasn't bad just predictable.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

I tried the first movie, but it did nothing for me. I was bored and had worked out most of what was going to happen within a few mins. Also sorry Jason S fans i find his acting not great or convincing esp the fight scenes.

I dont know why RCC wants to work on what would seem to be an action show, when thats what he wanted to get away from???? oh well kudos on them all finding new work and i hope it goes well for them.

Savatage

GateFans Member
I tried the first movie, but it did nothing for me. I was bored and had worked out most of what was going to happen within a few mins. Also sorry Jason S fans i find his acting not great or convincing esp the fight scenes.

I dont know why RCC wants to work on what would seem to be an action show, when thats what he wanted to get away from???? oh well kudos on them all finding new work and i hope it goes well for them.

Maybe after doing a season of "drama", RCC realized his limitations.

stclare

Maybe after doing a season of "drama", RCC realized his limitations.

maybe. i think its a combination of writting,actors,production team, chemistry & score that make a show. if one or more of those are out of wack, it shows. I thought RCC did realy well with Vegas, its not my fave ep but i appreciated the idea of it and JF in shades in that car ((fans self))

Lilith

GateFans Noob
maybe. i think its a combination of writting,actors,production team, chemistry & score that make a show. if one or more of those are out of wack, it shows. I thought RCC did realy well with Vegas, its not my fave ep but i appreciated the idea of it and JF in shades in that car ((fans self))

Vegas worked for me. Episodes like Brainstorm and other Keller driven ones didn't yet I really like Jewel. I just didn't see her charactor as worth all the attention for what she could contribute to the story. IF the writers wanted to think outside the box then Vegas was a success.

stclare

Vegas worked for me. Episodes like Brainstorm and other Keller driven ones didn't yet I really like Jewel. I just didn't see her charactor as worth all the attention for what she could contribute to the story. IF the writers wanted to think outside the box then Vegas was a success.

I agree :joy:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Couldn't agree more!!!

I thought "Vegas" was a really good episode. It showed that the series still had gas in the tank.

No problem with Jewel Stait but never cared for the character of "Keller". She was too Pollyanna Barbie doll and not much of a doctor. She seemed to spend most of her time (when she wore a lab coat) talking about everything she couldn't do.

Shadowcat

GateFans Noob
Keller should have died...her acting got progressively worse...

Keller is proof that you can be perfectly fine with an actor/actress and loathe a character they play. I've been watching Jewel Staite since 'Space Cases' and 'Flash Forward' but Keller... Keller was the worst thing to happen to the show. She's the "One of these things is not like the other..." character of SGA.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Isnt this sorta like firing Brad by leaving Stargate?

A bit of news from Gateworld, Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie are moving on to other projects. They will potentially be working on the forthcoming Transporter series (based on the movies starring Jason Statham). And Robert C. Cooper is working on that show for sure.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/02/stargate-producers-headed-for-the-transporter-tv-series/

Honestly I see this as a good thing for more reasons than one. Obviously they have jobs since SGU's cancellation and they have given many years to Stargate, so I wish them well in their future endeavors. With that said, this shows that there is a changing of the guard. It's a good sign that there will be new blood and a new creative team coming in to work on future incarnations of Stargate, which is absolutely necessary. Reactions? Thoughts?

Since Brad has had such a deathgrip on Stargate for so long, Perhaps Cooper, Mozz and Paul are "firing" Brad indirectly by forming their own group which is their regular group, but not including Brad? Looks like it to me. :) SGU is DEAD. Brad and Carl Binder are all thats left now.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Better late than never!

Since Brad has had such a deathgrip on Stargate for so long, Perhaps Cooper, Mozz and Paul are "firing" Brad indirectly by forming their own group which is their regular group, but not including Brad? Looks like it to me. :) SGU is DEAD. Brad and Carl Binder are all thats left now.

Makes sense although isn't Cooper as responsible for SGU as BW is? Might be a good idea for the others to give him a wide berth for a bit until he comes back to his senses creatively.

THX1138

GateFans Member
Actually I don't think that Cooper gets enough blame for SGU, it's all his idea. The weasel hides in the background but when you eventually get interviews and commentaries etc down the track spilling details, you can usually trace the idiot ideas back to him.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Actually I don't think that Cooper gets enough blame for SGU, it's all his idea. The weasel hides in the background but when you eventually get interviews and commentaries etc down the track spilling details, you can usually trace the idiot ideas back to him.

Overmind posted a brief video where RC and BW are interviewed pre-SGU about the show. I'm not sure what thread it was in but it was pretty recently. At any rate, RC took credit by happily explaining things about the show, which pretty much proves that he was responsible for much of it.

I do think it's funny that RC ***** up the Stargate name and then slips out the back door leaving Brad Wright with the mess. :icon_lol: "Weasel" is an apt name for him.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
THIS video

Overmind posted a brief video where RC and BW are interviewed pre-SGU about the show. I'm not sure what thread it was in but it was pretty recently. At any rate, RC took credit by happily explaining things about the show, which pretty much proves that he was responsible for much of it.

I do think it's funny that RC ***** up the Stargate name and then slips out the back door leaving Brad Wright with the mess. :icon_lol: "Weasel" is an apt name for him.

You are referring to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVCF7beFgM

Brad IMMEDIATELY throws the "blame" on RCC, and he is the one who basically created the show.

:robertcooper:
Brad was just a rubber stamp. He is the kind of parasitic person who cant come up with stuff on his own. He "collects" creative types and then takes the credit when its good. All because he has been there the longest. Well, now he has no minions and no show to hawk. Too bad, Brad! :bradcry:

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

You are referring to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVCF7beFgM

Brad IMMEDIATELY throws the "blame" on RCC, and he is the one who basically created the show.

:robertcooper:
Brad was just a rubber stamp. He is the kind of parasitic person who cant come up with stuff on his own. He "collects" creative types and then takes the credit when its good. All because he has been there the longest. Well, now he has no minions and no show to hawk. Too bad, Brad! :bradcry:

So he is basically nothing without other people around him to create Stargate? Then with the death knell of SGU & the writers/producers moving onto pastures green, it is only a matter of time before it is just him sitting in an empty conference room waiting for plot ideas to be shot his way (if he hasn't been reasssinged/fired already that is).