Robert C Cooper & Damian Kindle working on separate series

heisenberg

Earl Grey
here’s life after Stargate not only for the SG-1, Atlantis, and SGUactors, but for the franchise’s writing and producer talent, as well. Among them are Damian Kindler and Robert C. Cooper, who have just had new projects announced.Kindler (who is currently working on the fourth season of Syfy’sSanctuary, which he created) has been tapped to write a pilot for a new television adaptation ofUniversal Soldier, the 1992 sci-fi movie starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren. The story follows a secret Army project that reanimates dead soldiers and uses them as advanced super-soldiers engineered for secret missions. There were a number of straight-to-DVD and theatrical sequels, most recently 2010′s Universal Soldier: Redemption.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/10/stargates-kindler-writing-universal-soldier-reboot-cooper-penning-lifetime-pilot/

I
never watched any of these movies. The only van damme movie I watched was blood sport..

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Why? Why turn a crappy movies series into a tv show?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I can see it now -- one good guy vs. one bad guy. The good guy is flawed of course but ultimately he has a heart of gold. There will be a borderline anorexic white girl (or if she is ethnic she will be incredibly anglo in her depiction) who is the love interest of the good guy even though they will never get around to being a couple. The bad guy will never actually be defeated and very rarely will anyone be killed. They will film 16 episodes and will split them into 2 seasons. The show won't be renewed.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Actually if you continue reading the article you'll notice that it's only Kindler who's working on the Universal Soldier thing. Cooper is doing something completely different:

Robert Cooper will write and executive produce a new series for Lifetime, a 1930s period piece that chronicles the life of The Hollywood Reporter creator William Wilkerson. In addition to his work as THR‘s editor-in-chief and front-page columnist, Wilkerson was a well-known restauranteur and nightclub owner, and an outspoken anti-communist.
The series is being produced by GK-TV and Johnny Depp’s production company, Infinitum Nihil.