Remington Steele being rebooted...with a sequel?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Three decades after Remington Steele launched the career of Pierce Brosnan, the romantic comedy/drama procedural is getting a next-generation reboot, this time as a half-hour comedy. NBC, which aired the original hourlong series for five seasons between 1982-1987, has nabbed the sequel project from 20th Century Fox TV, which owns rights to the show via News Corp’s acquisition of Remington Steele producer MTM.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/remington-steele-reboot-nbc/

uhh..it was okay for its time and even fun to watch but I don't know why they want to continue this series?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm sorry but this has to be a joke. They're turning this show into a half-hour comedy??? Why? It makes no sense. :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Because they are devoid of creativity and brains.

Yes, but this extends beyond that. One actually had to work at coming up with such a stupid idea. I mean, taking an hour long detective show and turning it into a sitcom? WTF??? How long before they take Murder She Wrote and turn it into a sitcom? The whole premise of morphing detective shows into sitcoms just defies logic on any scale.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Yes, but this extends beyond that. One actually had to work at coming up with such a stupid idea. I mean, taking an hour long detective show and turning it into a sitcom? WTF??? How long before they take Murder She Wrote and turn it into a sitcom? The whole premise of morphing detective shows into sitcoms just defies logic on any scale.

They already redid "Murder, She Wrote" and called it "Castle". One more step to turn it into a sitcom.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wait...they are trying to revive the sitcom? Situation comedies don't work...I thought that is why they were dropped so long ago. Sitcoms with overdone corny "comedy", unlikely plots and laugh tracks? I used to wonder what it would be like if Stargate Universe had a laugh track. I even started making an episode parody of the Earth episode with a laugh track, and it was actually entertaining! But the comedy came from the actors trying to be serious yet came off as hilariously funny. Chloe (while using the stones) having a catfight with her friend in a bar over an old boyfriend...remember that?

Remington Steele sitcom? Really? :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They already redid "Murder, She Wrote" and called it "Castle". One more step to turn it into a sitcom.

1664d1365122693-full-auto-glock-27-oh-no-you-didn-t.jpg

*Shaved slips a shiv into Illiterati's hand as he slinks out of the theater of combat and takes a seat.

Bluce Ree

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Even the creators know it and subtly joked about it with an episode title:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2364464/

And ABC told Fillion to stop making the comparison. :D

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/telefile/show-vs-show/2009/03/murder-he-wrote-the-case-of-ca/

Well, just because they poke fun at things that doesn't mean they are morphing into a sitcom. :P

At any rate, it's a moot point as Illiterati is waiting for you out in the parking lot. Good thing you have two kidneys. ;)

Bluce Ree

Well, just because they poke fun at things that doesn't mean they are morphing into a sitcom. :P

At any rate, it's a moot point as Illiterati is waiting for you out in the parking lot. Good thing you have two kidneys. ;)

I never said they're morphing it into a sitcom. I said they redid the show but stopped short. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I never said they're morphing it into a sitcom. I said they redid the show but stopped short.

Yeah but Castle is an hour long detective show no matter how you slice it. And according to the scoop H gave us the Remmington Steele reboot would only be a half hour sitcom. I honestly don't see how they can do a detective show as a sitcom in a half hour. It just makes no sense. An hour long murder mystery show with touches of humor, okay, but a sitcom??? My mind is still unable to connect those dots (and that's not because of the shitty wine I drank tonight).

But hey, on the bright side of things you're gonna have two holes to poop out of when Illiterati gets thru with you for talkin' smack about Capt. Mal's current gig. Just think, twice the pooping fun! :P

Bluce Ree

Yeah but Castle is an hour long detective show no matter how you slice it. And according to the scoop H gave us the Remmington Steele reboot would only be a half hour sitcom. I honestly don't see how they can do a detective show as a sitcom in a half hour. It just makes no sense. An hour long murder mystery show with touches of humor, okay, but a sitcom??? My mind is still unable to connect those dots (and that's not because of the shitty wine I drank tonight).

But hey, on the bright side of things you're gonna have two holes to poop out of when Illiterati gets thru with you for talkin' smack about Capt. Mal's current gig. Just think, twice the pooping fun! :P

I'm wearing an ape costume. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

kirkandmartiaKirk.JPG

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Seriously though, how you gonna solve a 'Whodunit?' in 22 minutes, replete with lame ass jokes no less? Shit kaint be done, playah!

Bluce Ree

Seriously though, how you gonna solve a 'Whodunit?' in 22 minutes, replete with lame ass jokes no less? Shit kaint be done, playah!

Sure you can. It's going to be a stupid mystery every week in Scooby Doo style. Or maybe they'll stretch the mysteries into multiple episodes. :(

B

Backstep

I saw an ad for a show on BBCA I believe, that has a Chef solves crime in his pare time.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Remington steele reboot...ummmmmmmmmmmm NO!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Remington steele reboot...ummmmmmmmmmmm NO!

As a half-hour sitcom no less. :facepalm:

I don't understand it, but Bluce seems to be looking forward to it, go figure. :P :anim_59:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I am sure guido has his reasons....;)