Reboot Revival

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I just-- I can't-- My brain simply won't process this. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/22/netflix-will-stream-the-terrible-looking-reboot-reboot/

I get the feeling that management are laughing and so are the idiots that make this crap. They are getting away with writing whatever they want because they can. There is no accountability here but netflix does not seem to give a shit because it's not their money. It's times like this, I feel as though another GFC is just around the corner. I predict that it will happen this year and I reckon we might get a multi country crash of the global market. Things are just too good to be true.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Hey Netflix . I have an idea for a shit show too . Can I have $100,000,000.00 this week . Should cover the cost . Just send the cash to my bank account and I will get back to you next week with the premise , the plot , lense flare rented from STD , plus forward trendy thinking actors who can scream for no apparent reason at nothing around of them . Just screaming because its trendy , forward thinking and edgy even if it does hurt your ears when they scream for no reason ... Edgy ,,, Haha . I knew edgy would catch your ear Netflix , because ,,,Edgy . Can you see it ! Edgy stands for Emmy !!! Yah ! Edgy = Emmy . This new show is gonna kill !
Just send the cash before Friday . I don't work on the weekends .

;)
Just trade their stocks lol. That's a good way to profit easily.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Looks like someone is obviously desprately trying to push up the likes. Its up 1k and the dislikes are down to 12k

Looks like someone is obviously desprately trying to push up the likes. Its up 1k and the dislikes are down to 12k

I'm so sick of these fake reviews and up-votes on crap like this. It's blatantly obvious that it's a corporate scam and it's everywhere now. For instance, Netflix has gone full bore in using fake 5 star reviews. The company they use to write these reviews uses a template and it's like reading the same glowing review over and over again. It is beyond insulting and lame. I am not one for government intervention in most cases but they really need to crack down on this BS.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm so sick of these fake reviews and up-votes on crap like this. It's blatantly obvious that it's a corporate scam and it's everywhere now. For instance, Netflix has gone full bore in using fake 5 star reviews. The company they use to write these reviews uses a template and it's like reading the same glowing review over and over again. It is beyond insulting and lame. I am not one for government intervention in most cases but they really need to crack down on this BS.

Well, somebody's job in Netflix is to measure the response to the shilling in the form of increased viewership. That means they must know that this tactic is not working.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/22/netflix-will-stream-the-terrible-looking-reboot-reboot/

I get the feeling that management are laughing and so are the idiots that make this crap. They are getting away with writing whatever they want because they can. There is no accountability here but netflix does not seem to give a shit because it's not their money. It's times like this, I feel as though another GFC is just around the corner. I predict that it will happen this year and I reckon we might get a multi country crash of the global market. Things are just too good to be true.

I don't think they are laughing. I think they are sweating. :) Yes, they can write whatever they want or make whatever they want. But if people do not choose to watch, they can't do anything about that. A rule of thumb is that whenever big money is spent to promote something, that usually means it is not a great product.

This looks nothing like the original Reboot so how they can expect to bring in people who grew up loving it is beyond me. And calling it by the same name means nothing to young people seeing it for the first time. They really should have called it something else so one can only assume they are, cynically, trying cash in on the name recognition with no homage to the original.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I don't think they are laughing. I think they are sweating. :) Yes, they can write whatever they want or make whatever they want. But if people do not choose to watch, they can't do anything about that. A rule of thumb is that whenever big money is spent to promote something, that usually means it is not a great product.
This looks nothing like the original Reboot so how they can expect to bring in people who grew up loving it is beyond me. And calling it by the same name means nothing to young people seeing it for the first time. They really should have called it something else so one can only assume they are, cynically, trying cash in on the name recognition with no homage to the original.
Some last minute changes to get people to watch this piece of crap

https://www.rebootrevival.com/?p=2774
How can it look worse 23 years later? Bob/Enzo and Dot all look so fucked up. It looks like a bloody school project rather than a professional developer. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is just too funny. They look so goofy hahahahahaha....

giphy.gif

RTGC_Bob.png

RTGC_Dot.png
RTGC_Enzo.png

Some last minute changes to get people to watch this piece of crap

https://www.rebootrevival.com/?p=2774
How can it look worse 23 years later? Bob/Enzo and Dot all look so fucked up. It looks like a bloody school project rather than a professional developer. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is just too funny. They look so goofy hahahahahaha....

giphy.gif

RTGC_Bob.png

RTGC_Dot.png
RTGC_Enzo.png

This is unbelievably horrible. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I simply can't give this thing any legitimate interest. It's too insulting.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

They don't give a shit lol. They got a nice pay check from Netflix and now are probably enjoying drugs or alcohol. Get used to this because this is where humanity is going to.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

They look like emotionless barbie dolls

They are trying to do a discovery and post 'fake reviews' on imdb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6849940/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Why would they intervene? They'll just pull the free speech card. Besides, it's nothing malicious or against the system. You asked for it and we are now paying a heavy price for a free market that is free and open.

Why would they intervene? They'll just pull the free speech card. Besides, it's nothing malicious or against the system. You asked for it and we are now paying a heavy price for a free market that is free and open.

You are incorrectly defining the term "free speech". Lies are not protected speech. They are actionable in a court of law. And yes, the government can intervene, in fact, it's their job to do so in such cases. This is false advertising. It is fraudulent representation meant to fool the public. Eventually enough people will get pissed off about being lied to that they will demand our law makers do something about this problem. That's the role of government believe it or not, and sometimes they actually do what we demand of them. Sometimes. ;)

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
You are incorrectly defining the term "free speech". Lies are not protected speech. They are actionable in a court of law. And yes, the government can intervene, in fact, it's their job to do so in such cases. This is false advertising. It is fraudulent representation meant to fool the public. Eventually enough people will get pissed off about being lied to that they will demand our law makers do something about this problem. That's the role of government believe it or not, and sometimes they actually do what we demand of them. Sometimes. ;)
Pretty sure lying is covered under free speech. Fox news done it all the time. Infact your entire world you are living a lie. You are their slave and we watch stuff like TV that keep us distracted from the real world. If government wanted to intervene they would have given food and shelter to everyone. You wouldn't see crime rates increasing. You wouldn't see people becoming hooked on drugs. They would have also gotten rid of taxes but the system you are in is to leech from the bottom of the food chain so the corporate thugs can have more for themselves and less for you.
Gambling would have been abolished and smoking would have been banned along with alcohol.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
OMG Hexadecimal - I mean it's great that they got some of the original voice actors but they look so dorky

Rainmaker apparently is blocking or deleting a lot of negative comments. So much for free will huh?

OMG Hexadecimal - I mean it's great that they got some of the original voice actors but they look so dorky

Rainmaker apparently is blocking or deleting a lot of negative comments. So much for free will huh?

That's SOP for these production companies now. They pay shills to hype their crap and write glowing articles and reviews (even Netflix is filled with fake reviews now). They also get them to flood forums like Reddit, etc. So it's not surprising they are censoring any negative commentary that they can. Regardless of what they do though they can't stop people from disliking the product itself.