Rac is still alive!!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Hello all! Sorry I have been missing so long, but Covid19 got me! I caught it early September. My daughter saved my life, she found me semi conscious on the floor choking on my own vomit. She turned me on my side and cleared my airway. She called an ambulance and I still haven't gone home. I am currently in a rehabilitation facility.

The covid triggered Guillian-Barre Syndrome and when I finally woke up (8 weeks in a medical coma) I was paralyzed. I have a trach & a g tube. I can talk now - they have capped the trach- will come out soon. Gtube comes out next Tuesday.
My upper body is good. Just need to re educate my legs, then I can go home! Bored stupid here.

So anything exciting going on??

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Rac!!!!

Praise the Lord you are here! I am happy to hear you are getting better and welcome you back!

:welcomewagon:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Thank you Joelist. I appreciate the welcome. The Lord has a lot to do with my survival. It seems people have been praying for me. Little old me!!!! Humbling!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hello all! Sorry I have been missing so long, but Covid19 got me! I caught it early September. My daughter saved my life, she found me semi conscious on the floor choking on my own vomit. She turned me on my side and cleared my airway. She called an ambulance and I still haven't gone home. I am currently in a rehabilitation facility.

The covid triggered Guillian-Barre Syndrome and when I finally woke up (8 weeks in a medical coma) I was paralyzed. I have a trach & a g tube. I can talk now - they have capped the trach- will come out soon. Gtube comes out next Tuesday.
My upper body is good. Just need to re educate my legs, then I can go home! Bored stupid here.

So anything exciting going on??
the "love" is for you getting better... not for being sick.. but i am sure you know that :)

"exciting"?

let's see? hmm... he might get mad, but since it's important... om1's TWITTER addiction/ not addiction!

he's kicked in now after being away from us for so long

i may say it in jest,, but i know that he knows what i mean and that we only miss him here!

hmmm...... ST:D Still sucks- majority opinion, with some dissenters

expanse ENDING --WHY?

Everything SW's on DISNEY+ is awesome , of course!

anyhow, none of that is important!!! get better young woman!!! :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Yeah trying to get back to my LIFE!

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
That is so horrible that you had to go through that! It is great to hear you are doing better now. We've done 2 of the shots but I still stay inside most days, just waiting and hoping it will go away!

Update for Us;
The Holidays were mostly tame, i know we spent more than we should have but everyone was quite happy on the day. A sinus attack made me not feel like drinking so that turned my holiday dry which I then decided to stretch into full on Dry January which is a really bad time of year to do in my line of work---- what was I thinking? I did this to myself last year too,...lol.... I should really pick a different month to be dry once a year and not stOpctober either. What do you think maybe a more meh month like February next time?

i cancelled the trip over to USA for the holidays and instead because of the issues my daughter had with her flights from UK due to Covid in October. We instead opted to do a ferry visit in a new city in England we are thinking of moving to later this year.

We are all just doing same stuff different day... waiting out our last months in Ireland and hoping to move to England before another Christmas comes. We still have our same fur babies, and same jobs, and ready for change and really want to buy a place of our own. Until then it is all about save as much money as I can, work towards a promotion at work and watch every single streaming channel known to mankind since I think we now have them all. Gotta do something since going out is mostly a thing of the past.

I have big plans to make our next place as "smart" of a home as we can without going too far into the whole big brother thing.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I have big plans to make our next place as "smart" of a home as we can without going too far into the whole big brother thing.
:rolleye0014: That ship sailed a long time ago babe.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i cancelled the trip over to USA
if i were you, i'd stay away from here for as long as possible :(

a few of the big cities you can't even park your car without leaving the tailgate up to allow access OR the windows will get smashed so thieves can ransack it for anything valuable

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
if i were you, i'd stay away from here for as long as possible :(

a few of the big cities you can't even park your car without leaving the tailgate up to allow access OR the windows will get smashed so thieves can ransack it for anything valuable
you laugh RAC its true

while you were sleeping

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I'm glad that you are still with us Rac and I hope your rehab goes well! Did someone still manage to get your vote to the drop box? :wink:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
YAY!!!!!!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Thank you, thank you. After 5 months, it's time I get back to my life!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just in time as both Indiana and Illinois are buried under snow!