Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

Sanctuary Carentan Review

Screen shot 2011-05-26 at 01.25.54.png

Carentan

GF Rating: 4 Star.png

Episode review by Joelist: http://www.gatefans.net/forums/showthread.php/2472-Review-Sanctuary-Ep318-Carentan

PLOT - A colleague vanishes amid unexplained disappearances in the town of Carentan, where Magnus and her team run into a military blockade during their investigation.

EPISODE NUMBER - 318
ORIGINAL AIR DATE - June 6, 2011
WRITTEN BY - James Thorpe
DIRECTED BY - Steven Adelson
GUEST STARS - Jordana Largy (Josie), Andrew Halliwell (French Man), Elysia Rotaru (French Woman), Robert Lawrenson (Declan MacRae)

Syfy Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGUwyHSQBWM

Sneak Peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1PbugKo1VE

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
The preview for this episode is available now. We're waiting for the sneak peek. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The preview for this episode is available now. We're waiting for the sneak peek. :)

It would seem Normandy may not be a standalone after all.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The episide "Normandy" was set in and around Carentan. Also this episode involves a time bubble. So I am extrapolating that they may all be ultimately connected.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
The "Sneak Peek" for this episode is now available. Check it out at the top of this thread!

Strangely though, no plot summary or introduction has been released yet. Is this because of the ratings for "Normandy"?

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
There seems to be some confusion concerning the airing schedule for Sanctuary. This episode airs TONIGHT! Not in one week as posted elsewhere in our forum...

Also: The complete episode information is now available for "Carentan" (check the OP).

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Very interesting episode, and definitely more hard sci-fi than typical from Sanctuary.

Apparently they escaped the buuble but it is also a lead in to the season ending storyline.

G

Graybrew1

Very interesting episode, and definitely more hard sci-fi than typical from Sanctuary.

Apparently they escaped the buuble but it is also a lead in to the season ending storyline.

It was okay, I liked last week's ep much better. Not enough humor again.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It was okay, I liked last week's ep much better. Not enough humor again.

Humor? Last week was Normandy - not a whole lot of humor therein.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True, it did.

Strangely the lack of snark/humor fit this episode well. It was a serious sci-fi story, kind of Trek-like.

G

Graybrew1

True, it did.

Strangely the lack of snark/humor fit this episode well. It was a serious sci-fi story, kind of Trek-like.

I tell you what, I will watch it again, before I give it a grade. Something felt missing to me, but I am not quite sure.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Yes

Another great episode! I liked it a lot. Very sci-fi - as a matter of fact, apart from the talk about the Ci (which ended up not playing any role in the final solution to the problem), all of it made sense. :joy:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Joelist, I don't agree with you on this being a sequel to "Normandy". I think they referenced some of the stuff we saw on that episode, such as Helen having been there during WWII, and the Fire Elemental (which I don't believe will turn out to be the culprit of the bubble), but nothing really followed from it.

What I particularly liked in this episode were the many little details and plot elements that reminded me of SG1 and SGA. Col. Carter in "Unending" and "Unnatural Selection", and Col. Sheppard in "Epiphany" come to mind... :)

G

Graybrew1

I give it a B+. it was pretty good, but it felt more like a SG than Sanctuary. I like Sanctuary with some more snark or humor. But it was still very enjoyable to watch. Plus give me more "abnormals" in it. :D

McSheppard

GateFans Noob
I give it a B+. it was pretty good, but it felt more like a SG than Sanctuary. I like Sanctuary with some more snark or humor. But it was still very enjoyable to watch. Plus give me more "abnormals" in it. :D
I also missed some of the lighter tone in this episode. I agree with you that this felt a lot like a Stargate episode, and the "lack of abnormals" in it moved it even further away from fantasy and into hard science-fiction territory. For that it gets an A+ from me.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Joelist, I don't agree with you on this being a sequel to "Normandy". I think they referenced some of the stuff we saw on that episode, such as Helen having been there during WWII, and the Fire Elemental (which I don't believe will turn out to be the culprit of the bubble), but nothing really followed from it.

What I particularly liked in this episode were the many little details and plot elements that reminded me of SG1 and SGA. Col. Carter in "Unending" and "Unnatural Selection", and Col. Sheppard in "Epiphany" come to mind... :)

Agreed. Now that I have seen it it refers to it but isn't a sequel.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Each season it seems Tapping and Kindler do at least one episode that is a Stargate throwback. It's kind of like they are recognizing their roots. Last season (s2) it was Pavor Nocturnus, which hearkened back to the episode where SG-1 went to an alternate Earth where the Goauld were actively attacking it.