Preview & Discussion : Sanctuary episode #317 "Normandy" ( May contain Spoilers)

How would you grade this episode?

• C (OK. Watchable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D (Didn't like it)

• F (Hated it! Never want to see this one again)

• Total voters

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

Screen shot 2011-05-18 at 23.40.09.png

Normandy

GF rating: 5 Star.png

Episode review by Joelist: http://www.gatefans.net/forums/showthread.php/2371-Review-Sanctuary-Ep317-Normandy

PLOT - In a look back to World War II, this episode finds Magnus, Watson and Griffin on the eve of D-Day ... and discover Magnus’s role in one of the most important events that shaped the world.

EPISODE NUMBER - 317
ORIGINAL AIR DATE - May 23, 2011
WRITTEN BY - TBA
DIRECTED BY - Martin Wood
GUEST STARS - Vincent Gale Nigel (Griffin), Peter Wingfield (Dr. James Watson)

Syfy Promo:

[video=youtube;-EyznRrrlsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EyznRrrlsU

Sneak Peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQVNgVOYRdY

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
The official promo and sneak peek videos are now available for next week's episode. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think we said Druitt soon, not necessarily this episode - although one never knows.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Somebody mentioned John Druitt was returning for this episode. I do not see his name up there.

I doubt Chris Hyerdahl is a guest star :)

I think we said Druitt soon, not necessarily this episode - although one never knows.
For you that don't like surprises and want to know beforehand:.-.-.-.-.-.- .-.-.-.-.- .-.-.-.-.-.
.-.-.-.-. -.-.-.-..-.-.-.-. -.-.-.-.-.-.- .-..--.-.-.-.-.-.-- .-.-.-.-.-. -.-.-.-.-..--.-.-.-. .-..--..--.-.-.- .-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

The site I get this info from also lists "recurring characters", which I include with the guest stars. So it's a safe bet that he won't be in it. Although, as Joelist pointed out, you never know...

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
For you that don't like surprises and want to know beforehand:.-.-.-.-.-.- .-.-.-.-.- .-.-.-.-.-.
.-.-.-.-. -.-.-.-..-.-.-.-. -.-.-.-.-.-.- .-..--.-.-.-.-.-.-- .-.-.-.-.-. -.-.-.-.-..--.-.-.-. .-..--..--.-.-.- .-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

The site I get this info from also lists "recurring characters", which I include with the guest stars. So it's a safe bet that he won't be in it. Although, as Joelist pointed out, you never know...

Druitt is a main character though isn't he? Since Chris plays bigfoot as well hes a series regular and therefore wouldn't be listed as a guest star at all. I think that's what gatefan1976 was saying. Interesting way of making sure people never know when Druitt will show up though.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'll take a whack at the review. I will have to wait until I see it on Monday of course...

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Although I'm not very fond of WW2/Nazi episodes (perhaps because of ST:TOS), this one is said to be a good one, so I'm looking forward to it! :)

BTW, another update as to whether John Druitt will be in tonight's episode: ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....

Now two other sites list him as being there. One credits Chris as "Druitt" and the other one as "Big Guy/Druitt". So we'll just have to see...

G

Graybrew1

I really enjoyed this week's show. It seems whenever they get the "old" gang together, it is always a good show. :biggrin:

S

Stonelesscutter

The official promo and sneak peek videos are now available for next week's episode. :)

Please note that next week there won't be an episode of Sanctuary, that will be on the 10th of June.
But in retrospect seeing the date you posted your original message it was probably about this episode (Normandy) rendering my point rather moot.
Still it's probably noteworthy for most. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
All I can figure is that he's just special that way. Obviously, he was somehow able to "swirly-flash!" his way out of there.

The stupid Germans took him out shortly before the escape of Helen and Watson.