Premier ratings excuses

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
As is the custom over at Gayteworld it's time to start generating excuses about why the ratings were so low tonight.

I'll start off with one: People watching televisions in Best Buy weren't counted.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
All of the toilets in Charleston South Carolina clogged at the same time....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
uh

People got jet lag from the show flying from Friday to Tuesday and needed to get some sleep.

:rotflmao:

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
What!! it's on Tuesdays now??
:confused: :D

Yup, you missed it. Except it's probably on Wednesdays and upside down where you are. Didn't Oz ban the show or something?

Just Google = Torrent+SGU+S2E1

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Yup, you missed it. Except it's probably on Wednesdays and upside down where you are. Didn't Oz ban the show or something?

Naw, it's on Fridays still here on the Scifi cable channel. Channel 10 which had it canned it after 3 weeks for poor ratings (but then, they canned supernatural as well which was the follow-on show :( )
As to being upside down, that might make it better :D

Torrents, don't do it. I'll watch it on Sat when it gets replayed or just DVR it and watch it later. Just me but I hate Torrent sites for TV/Music, if you want it, pay for it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
getting it now...

I am getting it now :D. Its morbid curiosity, sorta like wanting to make SURE the thing is still dying. It doesnt matter if it runs under the couch, or to a new day of the week. Its gonna end up twitching and then finally still. I wanna see the episode and then I will know whether my feeling that they will have a sub-million premiere will be valid. And we get ratings TOMORROW! :joy:

sgu_fINALsEASON.jpg

Spaceman XIII

GateFans Noob
Hi guys, just here for the funeral.

Not even going to watch any of season 2, let me know how lame it is if you do thanks ;)

(forgot the password for the old spaceman13 account...)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
And the excuse #1

And the #1 excuse is:

It's that site with 100 people who refuse to watch SGU live! :mad:

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
And the #1 excuse is:

It's that site with 100 people who refuse to watch SGU live! :mad:

Yep !

I thought there might be an early press release or some idea from briangate/squall like the premiere had, but i take it none of that has happened? erm come one briangate where are your normal hints???

iratecaller

GateFans Noob
3 excuses.

BIG EXCUSE X: "Our target audience was still doing their homework by the time the show aired, but by next week, they'll have dropped out of school, so we should see an uptick."

BIG EXCUSE X+1: "People need to get used to the show being on Tuesdays, it may take a few episodes. The SGU spots where running during the SG-1 marathon, but cool people don't watch that show."

BIG EXCUSE X+2: "The marketing campaign was missed by cool people that have lives, but now that the kids are back in school and parents are home from vacation, we'll start seeing an uptick in the ratings."

... ok a few more:

BIG EXCUSE X+3: "As with the software industry, we're seing that many people are pirating the episodes on bit torrent sites .. if it wasn't for the pirates, then people will have CERTAINLY watched the show live, just like software pirates would certainly PURCHASE the software."

BIG EXCUSE X+4: "Oh cool people are recording/PVR'ing (?)* the show to watch it later."

* I've never even seen a PVR thingy .. but doesn't PVR'ing contribute to ratings anwyays?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
pesky sleep aid!

The Lunesta ad put everyone to sleep.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Whenever Lt. James walks on screen the majority of the male audience has a sudden urge to leave the room and contemplate their thoughts in the bathroom for a good hour or so.

On another note the sales of andrex tissue paper have gone up.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Joe Biden said to stop whinning!

I thought they were already canceled. Gee whiz I missed it. The Vice President called for no whinning, isn't that what SGU does?

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
I am getting it now :D. Its morbid curiosity, sorta like wanting to make SURE the thing is still dying. It doesnt matter if it runs under the couch, or to a new day of the week. Its gonna end up twitching and then finally still. I wanna see the episode and then I will know whether my feeling that they will have a sub-million premiere will be valid. And we get ratings TOMORROW! :joy:

View attachment 1131
Love the banner.
I don't know if the right thread to post this.
Have you read new BW's interview?
http://tvdeathray.com/2010/09/27/interview-stargate-universe-co-creator-brad-wright-previews-season-2/
Has someone got any idea when we could have sgu ep 1 ratings?