Votes: 5 22.7%
  • SGA's The Rising 1 & 2

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • SGU's Air 1 & 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Which Pilot do you think is the best? From an unbiased view of what the rest of the show was like. I like SG1 more but I do love The Rising 1 & 2.

The city rising just awed me. SGU Pilot, I just didn't feel any greatness or awe at the end of the pilot that left me speechless. Infact, I was look at my watch constantly hoping it would end ASAP.

Even GW agrees, SG1 and SGA's pilot rating was 4 stars. SGU's Air only got 2 1/2 and 3. Infact, none of SGU's episodes got a 4 star.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
It was just "Rising" not "The Rising" :P

And SGA's pilot was utterly fantastic. Children of the Gods wasn't that great when you came right down to it. The Recut version is even worse because despite fixing many things, they change classic things like Sam's "Reproductive Organs' line which okay yes, it's a bad line, but dammit bad lines happen in real life and i thought it was gut bustingly hilarious! They did alot of other changes to... eugh.. :P

Rising was brilliant because they'd had the practice to do something magnificent :D Jack's moment with the Drone in front of him and that look of epic "Oh for crying out loud!" and Sheppard's whole "That was new." and Jack "For me... not so much."

:laughing:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Rising has to be one of THE best openings for a series ever. Sure it had SG1 to draw from (and it used it well) But few TV shows grab you as hard as Atlantis did.

Next I would rate Air (hides behind large objects) purely because it did shake up the norm and had alot of promise (which it then failed to deliver on). I really like the concept of SGU, I just think it fails in such epic ways as to force me to dislike it.

Last would be CoTG's, purely because it was objectively pretty bad. Good idea, bad presentation and mediocre characters (the only one to remind me of the movie was Daniel, and thats because MS deliberately copied JS) SG1 however held the promise of getting better, and it did in spades.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I voted Rising.

There was something very epic about Rising as far as Stargate goes. It was built up by fanfare and the show delivered. There were easily 4 more seasons left in Stargate Atlantis.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Rising has to be one of THE best openings for a series ever.

There was something very epic about Rising as far as Stargate goes. It was built up by fanfare and the show delivered. There were easily 4 more seasons left in Stargate Atlantis.

I was a greater fan of SG1 than SGA, but I don't think this is even a fair contest!
How about expanding the poll to include other shows?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
SGA for the win!

Rising was breathtaking...the music, the scope, the feel of the episode! wow ...simply WOW!!! I was excited about the show, cared about the characters, and wanted to go with them!

i will agree that is was one of the best series pilots EVER!

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Rising for me aswell. My favourite SG show is SG-1 so I feel guilty for not voting Children Of The Gods but it really doesn't stand out as a particularly memorable episode.

Odyssey

GateFans Noob
Children Of The Gods was an awesome pilot and i wish i could vote for both (kinda beats the point of the poll then lmao) but The Rising was my favourite one.

S

Stonelesscutter

My vote goed to Children of the gods together with the original Stargate movie.
The Atlantis pilot already had the benefit of 7 seasons and a movie in front of it, and although it was alright I think one could expect more from the opening at that point.
The SGU pilot isn't even a contender in this contest since it fell waaaay short of delivering an enticing plot.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Rising without a doubt

The CG was awesome. Children of the gods, probably cutting edge for it's day. There wasn't anything to compare it to 17 or 18 years ago.