Phone advice

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Do you mean here you specifically need FaceTime? And not another video app like Skype? Because if you need specifically FaceTime then you're locked into an iPhone.

He could always FaceTime with a Mac or a Tablet. :D

Skype is a battery drain. Hangouts seems more optimized.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Ended up getting an LG 3G well because it had a 3 in it , it works with my hero+ instantly . Lot's to learn . So many apps already installed ... Wow

;) ;) ;)

Bluce Ree

Ended up getting an LG 3G well because it had a 3 in it , it works with my hero+ instantly . Lot's to learn . So many apps already installed ... Wow

;) ;) ;)

You mean the G3? You could have gotten the G4 for about the same price. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Becks phone is ok, I wished they had a HTC on offer though

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
When I started this thread, that's what Mrs G had, and I thought it was great, I wanted her to get another HTC, but no one was offering them on plans, and we wanted a plan to combine the Telco bills into one.

Bluce Ree

When I started this thread, that's what Mrs G had, and I thought it was great, I wanted her to get another HTC, but no one was offering them on plans, and we wanted a plan to combine the Telco bills into one.

Which? HTC 10 or A9?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Right now, I am using an iPhone 6 for work, and my LG G2. The LG has a bigger, crisper display, feels just as solid, and does a whole lot more than the iPhone, including taking better pictures. :) And the LG G2 is several years old!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Bluce the G4 was $200 more and the 3 does everything I needed anyway. My friend has the 4 and we can't see any difference to be honest . Friggin LG is super fast though and I am able to use hangups easily as the phone came with it. I can add 128gb of memory to this phone . Holy crap right there but you guys knew that already lol .
Thanks for the helping me in getting away from rotten apple . Even my wife says her next phone will not be an apple but she just got a free iphone 5 so until it craps out or runs out of memory , she will be stuck with it . My son loves his iphone so he will probly always have one.

;) ;) ;)

Bluce Ree

Bluce the G4 was $200 more and the 3 does everything I needed anyway. My friend has the 4 and we can't see any difference to be honest . Friggin LG is super fast though and I am able to use hangups easily as the phone came with it. I can add 128gb of memory to this phone . Holy crap right there but you guys knew that already lol .
Thanks for the helping me in getting away from rotten apple . Even my wife says her next phone will not be an apple but she just got a free iphone 5 so until it craps out or runs out of memory , she will be stuck with it . My son loves his iphone so he will probly always have one.

;) ;) ;)

Are you buying phones from the store at full retail?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone/m...ed/1177004776?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

New in the box for $330 CAD and another $40 or so to get it unlocked.

I had the G3 and the G4 briefly. There really is a world of difference in performance and G4 gets Android 6 whereas the G3 seems to have been abandoned by most carriers in the upgrade cycle.

Here's one that's unlocked for $350 and includes accessories:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone/o...es/1176976852?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

And another unlocked one for $345:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone/m...10/1176954709?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

The only time I buy a phone full retail is when it's bleeding edge new and hasn't yet hit store shelves. :icon_lol: