Panic Attack! (Ataque de Panico!)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
heisenberg has been posting some really cool independent web shorts. R'ha is my favorite, so far.

Here's an independent sci-fi short that put Fede Alvarez on the map in 2009. He's now directing the Evil Dead remake.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
heisenberg has been posting some really cool independent web shorts. R'ha is my favorite, so far.

Here's an independent sci-fi short that put Fede Alvarez on the map in 2009. He's now directing the Evil Dead remake.

Coooooool! It looked very very realistic for CGI/effects. This was amazing!:smiley_joy:

Bluce Ree

Coooooool! It looked very very realistic for CGI/effects. This was amazing!:smiley_joy:

The age of Youtube has changed the landscape of entertainment and accessibility and opened up a world of opportunity to those who would not normally be afforded such. The dude was scooped up by Hollywood when they saw that video.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The age of Youtube has changed the landscape of entertainment and accessibility and opened up a world of opportunity to those who would not normally be afforded such. The dude was scooped up by Hollywood when they saw that video.

There is a discussion about this phenomena in these forums from way back. I think it was predicted by myself and some others here. What is happening is that the middlemen are becoming obsolete. You no longer need an agent, you do not have to be subjected to call screenings from secretaries or be a cousin of the producers to get the work. Even the studios are going to lose their grip. The gates of Hollywood have been flung open for lots of creative artists who were never given a chance. OMNI is a great example. I think he is going to be huge one day.

Bluce Ree

There is a discussion about this phenomena in these forums from way back. I think it was predicted by myself and some others here. What is happening is that the middlemen are becoming obsolete. You no longer need an agent, you do not have to be subjected to call screenings from secretaries or be a cousin of the producers to get the work. Even the studios are going to lose their grip. The gates of Hollywood have been flung open for lots of creative artists who were never given a chance. OMNI is a great example. I think he is going to be huge one day.

Agreed. Look at Psy. His song went straight to Youtube, no middleman, and the dude is already apparently a multimillionaire. His video has surpassed 1 billion hits, made him an instant celebrity almost overnight and his revenues came from users clicking the ads on his video.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
That was pretty cool as a short, will have to wait and see how he deals with longer material. I wish shaky cam stuff would stop, sometimes it works but in movie, I think it's best to use in small doses. Not everything needs to be done in that style, it's getting to be ridiculously overused.