ORBITER 9

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It doesn't seem to be scoring very well.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OK Just putting this out there for info purposes only

AS IN, I am not going to get into any "defense" or "damnation" of the film, it is just available to watch on NETFLIX :)

a "netflix original" from Spain

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/orbiter_9/

OMG. :facepalm: It borrows from "Passenger" (why?). It's a boy meets girl story, in space. Not science fiction. I made it about 20 min into the movie until turning it off.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That is an obvious issue when watching stuff from other nations; the inevitable copying of a film or tv show idea from American or Britain is probably unavoidable

ppl in other nations get tired of watching american or British (or wherever from) stuff with their language in subs-they want to see their own making the home grown versions of the same type of story
------------------------------------------------------------------
and PASSENGERS was in space--if you had gone past the first 20mins you would see this is not the case on orb 9

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That is an obvious issue when watching stuff from other nations; the inevitable copying of a film or tv show idea from American or Britain is probably unavoidable

ppl in other nations get tired of watching american or British (or wherever from) stuff with their language in subs-they want to see their own making the home grown versions of the same type of story
and PASSENGERS was in space--if you had gone past the first 20mins you would see this is not the case on orb 9

Okay, then I will give it a shot. :) Its only a couple of hours...

EDIT: Watching it right now.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I almost made it all the way....but I have seen enough. :) This movie has beautiful visuals. Very artsy and minimalist tech. But the story is as thin as smoke. Passengers meets Ascension meets Gattaca. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I almost made it all the way....but I have seen enough. :) This movie has beautiful visuals. Very artsy and minimalist tech. But the story is as thin as smoke. Passengers meets Ascension meets Gattaca. :)

i only watched the first 15...save it for later. but,since i dont care about spoilers and want to watch for myself, I looked it up. yeah- PASSENGERS/ASCENSION was in space

and hey, its "european". what floats their boats defi doesn't always float ours. personally i like the stuff from britain, germany and scandinavia the most--hmmm i see a pattern... :)