opinions; leave laptop plugged in or let run on battery?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Excellent! It's great when something is long lasting.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That is what happens when you buy quality and not brands! Of course, anything made during the time when quality was synonymous with the brand, you are safe (pre-2010).

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and been plugged in the whole time, and, mostly on as well the whole time. i have it up on a stand as well, so good air flow. i have it set up so its more like a desktop. a standard keyboard and mouse into it. i have never touched the on board keyboard except the first power up

maybe not beating on the keyboard or using the touch mouse helps with life as well?

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
its a lenovo i got for $300 something at walmart
Lenovos are awesome. Our company uses them as the standard laptop. Lenovo = IBM, in case you did not know.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I mostly leave mine on, but occasionally a cat will step on something that turns it off, or pulls a plug and they go off. :cat:
Most of my computers are expensive but last around 7 years or more.

I think I bought the one I have now around 4 years ago as a refurb for about the equivalence of 1000 USD, but my awesome husband bought and installed a ton of upgrades to it for my last birthday. He upgraded my RAM, put in a second hard drive ( so now I have a HDD for 1TB and a SSD for 1 TB) He fixed a latch and the battery connector and the thing runs better than ever.
I think it does not hurt when so many on this board either know/ or are relative experts on the PC !!!!

Somebody else less, might be looking a much shorter lifespan for their computers. :bashtechie: