OMNI walks with the dead

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
dayz_by_alxfx-d60d4lf.png

everyone here knows i HATE absolutly FUKN HATE TWD and everyone who watches it but that does not mean i dont enjoy the genre, i love post apocalyptic themes and as such i'll post some footage from my adventures in the game/mod/alpha "DAYZ" here starting with the clip above.

clip starts off with me about 2 clicks South of the NW airfield having just raided it in the hopes of finding range finders and NVG's (or shooting some poor sod from afar and taking his gear) unfortunatly i found none of those i did however find some antibiotics and an M4 CCO that i try out on an unsuspecting boar as i fukn love me some bacon but the M4 and the bacon will come in handy as i continue south heading towards the city of Cherno in search of players to murder and a watersource as im running low on liquids maybe ill stumble across a vehicle that will make traveling around the HUGE map slightly easier, clip ends with me sat on a hill cooking my bacon over a fire while i relax and brace myself for the coming day.....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

everyone here knows i HATE absolutly FUKN HATE TWD and everyone who watches it but that does not mean i dont enjoy the genre, i love post apocalyptic themes and as such i'll post some footage from my adventures in the game/mod/alpha "DAYZ" here starting with the clip above.

clip starts off with me about 2 clicks South of the NW airfield having just raided it in the hopes of finding range finders and NVG's (or shooting some poor sod from afar and taking his gear) unfortunatly i found none of those i did however find some antibiotics and an M4 CCO that i try out on an unsuspecting boar as i fukn love me some bacon but the M4 and the bacon will come in handy as i continue south heading towards the city of Cherno in search of players to murder and a watersource as im running low on liquids maybe ill stumble across a vehicle that will make traveling around the HUGE map slightly easier, clip ends with me sat on a hill cooking my bacon over a fire while i relax and brace myself for the coming day.....

I got this, and I have not installed it because I just bought a new computer yesterday. I love that clip!

OMNI

I got this, and I have not installed it because I just bought a new computer yesterday. I love that clip!
sweet! well you gifted me the ARMA game and expansion so i could play it remember? havnt been able to play it until now tho or rather about a week ago as i still couldnt aford the DL cost while i was still on prepay but as im not anymore and have uberfukn internet now im all good.

if you are up for playing im game anytime bro, got myself a mic so we could skype for convo aswell.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
sweet! well you gifted me the ARMA game and expansion so i could play it remember? havnt been able to play it until now tho or rather about a week ago as i still couldnt aford the DL cost while i was still on prepay but as im not anymore and have uberfukn internet now im all good.

if you are up for playing im game anytime bro, got myself a mic so we could skype for convo aswell.

I would love to do that...can I choose to be a zombie? :anim_59:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
well you cant be a zombie and eat other players tho that would be fukn great.... you can have a zombie face on your player profile tho.... ;)

I wanna munch other players. :( It would be SO COOL if players could be zombies, and then when they bite a regular player they turn into a zombie. :)
--- merged: Mar 25, 2013 6:13 PM ---

The graphics in that game are AMAZING. Everything is so...realistic. But for 9GB of game, it freakin better be!

OMNI

I wanna munch other players. :( It would be SO COOL if players could be zombies, and then when they bite a regular player they turn into a zombie. :)
--- merged: Mar 25, 2013 6:13 PM ---

The graphics in that game are AMAZING. Everything is so...realistic. But for 9GB of game, it freakin better be!
indeed having that ingame would be bad-ass 4 sure but i asure you there is equal or more pleasure in sniping someone unsuspecting from afar then moving up and looting his hard earned gear as it takes quite a while to gear up on a fresh spawn unless you are lucky and find a dead player with a tresure trove of shit right away which i havnt done yet... its taken me 2 days of gameplay to gear up to the point where i am now and im still missing range finders, NVG's, map and GPS not to mention tent and a vehicle... i do have that m4 and a dragonov sniper rifle tho so i guess its something tho only 10 bullets left in the dragunov... better make those count.
--- merged: Mar 25, 2013 6:22 PM ---
as for the Graphics yeah they are kinda neat but omg for a game having a few years on its back its not very optimised and is a massive CPU hog and im not running it anywhere near HIGH settings and i barly get 30-40FPS tho my gpu is far from uber but people running gtx 680's still have issues running it on highest.

OMNI

my little campsite is taking shape having gathered a bunch of food found a tent and an ATV along with more bullets for my m4 and my revolver. next up finding some wire fencing and tank traps to put around the campsite perimeter along with another tent or two in order to store MOAR!!! weapons and food.​

OMNI

in this one i found myself a tractor and decided to go for a joyride... however it ended badly with the tractor blowing up and me dead losing all my scavanged gear :( so i take a respawn and try to gear up again, on my way North i hear atleast 10-15 shots being fired so i move in to investige and i find a dead player riddled with bullets the dead player is also a fresh spawn meaning he has no weapons or gear, after looking around i find this bandit douche hiding in a bush nearby and conclude he mustve killed him i then take it upon myself to deal out some payback (1 bullet 1 kill FTW) after having gone North and geared up again i decide to stop by a supermarket Before it gets pitch black while im in the storage room at the back of the market some one runns into the store front guns blazing with a bunch of Zed's hot on their tail and i sit back in the dark just waiting for the prick to stick his head out but fotunatly for him or her they dont as i would have unloaded my 30 round AK mag into em, after about 3-4 min of sitting there i am able to sneak off and head back to my campsite fully geaered to wait for the coming day.​
and yeah im not playing as a shoot on site bandit anymore now im a heroic bandit hunter :D

OMNI

had some fun teaching and playing with OM1 tonight we played for over 4h straigth!

no video of that tho as everyone deserves some time to learn the controlls and general playstyle of the game but im sure ill record some next session ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
had some fun teaching and playing with OM1 tonight we played for over 4h straigth!

no video of that tho as everyone deserves some time to learn the controlls and general playstyle of the game but im sure ill record some next session ;)

FUN AS HELL! It feels like what The Walking Dead should be...down to sound effects, the ambient music, the huge dark maps and places to explore. Awesome game, and OMNI would definitely be a real survivor in such a zed-infested world. :) What a fun game! Its not a shoot-em-up. Its unscripted strategy, and Im just getting started.

OMNI

FUN AS HELL! It feels like what The Walking Dead should be...down to sound effects, the ambient music, the huge dark maps and places to explore. Awesome game, and OMNI would definitely be a real survivor in such a zed-infested world. :) What a fun game! Its not a shoot-em-up. Its unscripted strategy, and Im just getting started.
good to hear bro!

OMNI

some footage recorded during this weekend now featuring OvermindOne :P (yes i do shoot him in the face eventually...)

note that i did drop some Music ontop of the footage audio as it only recorded the audio from OM1 not me :/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
some footage recorded during this weekend now featuring OvermindOne :P (yes i do shoot him in the face eventually...)

note that i did drop some Music ontop of the footage audio as it only recorded the audio from OM1 not me :/

Dont forget to tell them that I ASKED for you to shoot me! I even saluted you whilst awaiting that bullet to the face. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

--- merged: Apr 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM ---
yup yup.

THIS IS AWESOME!!!! That jeep has its own story in our game. :) It is becoming a character in the game too. wish I had been with you when you got that chopper. I will join you tomorrow!

OMNI

THIS IS AWESOME!!!! That jeep has its own story in our game. :) It is becoming a character in the game too. wish I had been with you when you got that chopper. I will join you tomorrow!
cool cool! yeah getting the chopper all fixed up took me like 5h but using that chopper i managed to find the Huey so we have a Huey now :)

well once you have time again we will need to move our camp out in the wilderness somewhere up North and then maybe open up the server for the public so we can have something to shoot :)

OMNI

--- merged: Apr 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM ---
im a better pilot then i am a driver eh om1? :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

--- merged: Apr 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM ---
im a better pilot then i am a driver eh om1? :P

Yes...you better be, flying only about 70 meters from the ground in a coniferous forest with me in the passenger seat! :anim_59: :P. This was a really fun game session with the big chopper you got. :) I enjoyed being the gunner...if only there was some cool aggro zed action going on at the ground level...:tealc-gun02:

OMNI

here is a good example of some of the more INTENSE "PVP" moments you encounter in this game.

footage is my POV while playing with a large Group.