OMG...Torchwood! I have just discovered this show!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I am not sure whether you got my previous message but you can't skip Doctor who(or watch it in random order). It plants seeds and clues in every episode,and each season has a massive story arch that encompasses it. You need to watch it from start to finish especially if you are watching a new doctor coming in.
There are a few episodes where you'll see Rose Tyler on the TV screen

So, are you also including the original Dr Who or just the new show? That is DECADES!
hehehe...No :P. but, when the BBC decided to restart the series after the 16 year hiatus.

I unfortunately wasn't even born when they started airing the older doctor who episodes and was very young(like 7) when the BBC didn't want to renew the series for a new season.I would love to get my hands on classic doctor who, no matter how,cheesy it is, it's still a classic!

I keep hearing about that episode "Blink" here so I will watch that. :) But Torchwood is AWESOME! It almost has a Firefly quality..Harkness reminds me of Mal for some reason. I like the style of the show a lot.
Blink is a fantastic, psychological episode. It is brilliantly written but, my favourite has to be end of time part 1&2.My suggestion is that you skip one episode, "Fear Her" which was pretty crap(it was a bit too childish).

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
my favourite has to be end of time part 1&2.

I just have to disagree with you there, End of Time has got to be one of the worst episodes of new Who. It was perfect example of the poor plotting, shoddy writing, and deus ex machinas of RTDs time at the helm. It seems like he always thought that by upping the danger in an episode it would just magically make it better when it just became silly and extremely cheesy. I also hated how they treated Tennant's departure as if he was someone special, different from all the other Doctors when he really wasn't. All that "I don't wanna go!" BS just didn't fit in with how regenerations were handled the other times. The episodes are just full of facepalm moments to me (Book of Saxon, anyone?) :facepalm:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I just have to disagree with you there, End of Time has got to be one of the worst episodes of new Who. It was perfect example of the poor plotting, shoddy writing, and deus ex machinas of RTDs time at the helm. It seems like he always thought that by upping the danger in an episode it would just magically make it better when it just became silly and extremely cheesy.
Really? You are but a few people I've talked to that has hated those two episodes. Idk, but I didn't find it to be poor plotted or a deus ex machinas
I also hated how they treated Tennant's departure as if he was someone special, different from all the other Doctors when he really wasn't. All that "I don't wanna go!" BS just didn't fit in with how regenerations were handled the other times. The episodes are just full of facepalm moments to me (Book of Saxon, anyone?) :facepalm:
Perhaps because many liked david and didn't want him to depart?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Really? You are but a few people I've talked to that has hated those two episodes. Idk, but I didn't find it to be poor plotted or a deus ex machinas
Perhaps because many liked david and didn't want him to depart?

I'm one also. I think it is pretty much the worst piece of TV SciFi I have ever seen. Way too EMO, and a giant Deux Ex Machina plotline (plus the evil Timelords and evil Rassilon were stupid). The plot also did the Master a giant disservice and was just way too self-absorbed.

The best Who regeneration episodes I would say were Planet of the Spiders and The War Games.