OMG...Path of Exile? Hell yes!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just found out about this game. :) This game is FREE, online and looks as good as Diablo III only it feels like the successor to Diablo II, only with much better graphics and gameplay.

Wow, it is FREE and will ALWAYS be free to EVERYONE. This game feels like any $40.00 RPG you find from the big game manufacturers, but this is from a much smaller, more dedicated gaming programmer team. What you get free is amazing:

To me, this game is WAY better than Diablo III. Why? Because the gameplay and the way the game is played is more like Diablo II. Diablo III plays more like World of Warcraft than Diablo II. But Path of Exile plays like an advanced version of Diablo II.

Download the game here: https://www.pathofexile.com/

It took me about 30 minutes to download, and a whole hour to allow it to extract and install.

You get 6 different races, NO in game nags for money because this game is truly free. No advertising or plugs for anything anywhere in this game. If you are a fantasy gamer, this is well worth your gaming time! Take a look at the Passive Skills Tree. There is nothing like it in any other game. And this is just a tiny part of it. You can advance along paths to skills and strengths:

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
It looks like it is basically that Fable game mixed with Final Fantasy X's skill grid. Check out Dark Souls 2, it looks like a funny game.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It looks like it is basically that Fable game mixed with Final Fantasy X's skill grid. Check out Dark Souls 2, it looks like a funny game.

This one feels almost exactly like Diablo II. Even the sounds the monsters make is similar. :) Never heard of Fable, and I have seen Final Fantasy but never played it.

Im really enjoying this game. There is no gold in the game, just items, which makes for a very interesting barter system economy within the game. There is even player to player combat allowed, but it is limited to class and strength level (you have to be matched to your opponent).

Have you tried this game? Man oh man!

Last edited:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Don't really play video games man, don't have the time. From the gameplay, the monsters, the additional enhancements on items, and some other stuff reminds me of Fable a lot which I've played, it's exactly the same. Video games are just too time consuming for me man.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Don't really play video games man, don't have the time. From the gameplay, the monsters, the additional enhancements on items, and some other stuff reminds me of Fable a lot which I've played, it's exactly the same. Video games are just too time consuming for me man.

I agree, but some stuff I do is boring and I have to fill the time!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This game is awesome!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This game is NOT easy. If you go in playing as a noob, you will die often and early. But it gets better!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This game is hard to progress in. Not because the drop ratio is bad, but because there are too many monsters on normal level. Mana regenerates quickly, but you have to use it constantly. Makes for an ache in the right hand from all the clicking. But then there is the Exiled Bot which will actually take over and play your game for you (for the most part). You can be banned for using it, but if you dont leave it running for 24 hours, you can get away with it. The purpose of using the bot is to level up and gain experience points which = more power. :) The bot levels you up, levels up your gems, and clears the levels of monsters. It also "farms" the maps by deliberately logging out and logging back in to recreate the map. Doing this allows you to kill hundreds of monsters and level up everything to a decent point so you can get to the more fun parts of the game.

I used the Exiled Bot to go from Level 3 to Level 14, and gain several thousand experience points. But you still have to sometimes intervene to clear the level. If you die, the bot will resurrect you and continue playing.