OMG!Farscaspe creator working on a new TV show(At syfy)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Commonly considered the anti-Trek, "Farscape" was unique to say the least.
Showcasing the best of Jim Henson's creature shop, not to mention fresh talent and swoon-worthy visuals, "Farscape" challenged the stereotype of science-fiction entertainment.
And for that it paid the price.
The bizarre science-fiction series ran for four years as Syfy's signature series was cancelled, with the cable channel justifying the decision to increasing production costs. The decision of course led to an unprecedented outcry from the shows viewers, followed quickly by a campaign that led to a mini-series designed to bring some closure to the show.
Now, "Farscape's" creator (who has also contributed to ABC's "V") has a new series in the works that will bring him back to Syfy … and it has been described as "huge."
Rockne S. O'Bannon recently revealed via Twitter that he has been having meetings with the cabler and he is very excited about his new idea.
"Great meeting at Syfy yesterday," he tweeted. "New project. HUGE. New series. Very excited. Very, very excited."
No other details have been revealed on the series, however O'Bannon's tweet has already been followed-up by fan support, especially by those who have concerns over Syfy's effort to introduce more reality-based and mainstream entertainment brands.
Oh Hell yes! This is freaking awesome! I just hope it's sci-fi!

http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/8427

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
I seriously miss Farscape. :(

But I have to say, I'd definitely watch anything Rockne O'Bannon does, it's just the connection with SyFy that has me worried. If ABC had been the one to say yes (sadly, they didn't, apparently), I would've been jumping up and down and wanting the new series now. :)

With SyFy, they don't really do much cross-advertising, and they often want series to be as cheaply made as possible. I'm just... afraid, I guess. Whatever it is, it's likely to be a really amazing concept with excellent writing, but it might be poorly funded and poorly shopped to viewers.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
This is excellent news! :beckettu:

So much for quality scifi dying out at Syfy! It looks like he stayed true to the genre up until now, so my hopes are up :)

Inara

GateFans Noob
But I have to say, I'd definitely watch anything Rockne O'Bannon does, it's just the connection with SyFy that has me worried. If ABC had been the one to say yes (sadly, they didn't, apparently), I would've been jumping up and down and wanting the new series now. :)

Ditto to that. O'Bannon is to SyFy as Whedon is to Fox.