Older Stargate Episodes Being Rerun on Showtime Channels

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I was going through my TiVo suggestions and discovered that an episode that was run recently on Showtime Beyond had recorded. On a delighted whim, I went through and set up several more to record from the Showtime channels (there are several running between now and December 4th).

Thought the rest of you addicts might be interested. ;)

Stargate: Unedited and shown as intended. No fucking commercials!

Long live SG1!!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I was going through my TiVo suggestions and discovered that an episode that was run recently on Showtime Beyond had recorded. On a delighted whim, I went through and set up several more to record from the Showtime channels (there are several running between now and December 4th).

Long live SG1!!

I just pop in one of my dvds when in a stargate mood these days...I have all 10 seasons of sg1 and all 5 of sga. :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Not all of us have them. LOL

Bad of me, I know.

I just thought it was cool seeing that they were actually running it. Nice to see it somewhere other than directly on SyFy...

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob

Stargate: Unedited and shown as intended. No fucking commercials!

Long live SG1!!

I noticed recently that Showtime Beyond was playing SG1. I think it's fantastic! It's on at weird times for me because I have Directv and on the west coast we get everything at off times. But I have dvr'd a couple of them to see how amazing they look on our new tv. We moved recently and got a new tv. I can't wait to see how the episodes came out in HD on the new screen. :smiley_squee:
I have all the seasons on dvd also. But I can't resist watching them on tv too.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
My daughter commented to me tonight (and I think she's correct in her assessment) that when SG1 hit Showtime, they were promised something like six seasons right off the bat. RDA was amazed/thrilled by that.

It was fun watching the episode the other day that included the first time they found the "zat" guns. Teal'c, of course, had this long name for them...O'Neill looks at the guns...looks at Teal'c...and says something along the lines of "we'll call them zat guns".

One zap - unconscious
Two zaps - dead
Three zaps - not even dust to sweep under the rug

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
My daughter commented to me tonight (and I think she's correct in her assessment) that when SG1 hit Showtime, they were promised something like six seasons right off the bat. RDA was amazed/thrilled by that.

It was fun watching the episode the other day that included the first time they found the "zat" guns. Teal'c, of course, had this long name for them...O'Neill looks at the guns...looks at Teal'c...and says something along the lines of "we'll call them zat guns".

One zap - unconscious
Two zaps - dead
Three zaps - not even dust to sweep under the rug

That's an amazing production deal. Showtime was very smart. They saw a great product and went with it. Viewers love to see shows about a team with such wonderful chemistry. I love the relationship between O'Neill and Teal'c. They make me laugh.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
That's an amazing production deal. Showtime was very smart. They saw a great product and went with it. Viewers love to see shows about a team with such wonderful chemistry. I love the relationship between O'Neill and Teal'c. They make me laugh.
Undomesticated equines?

Calm up?

Yes, I use those in real life. Makes it easier to find the random SG1 fan.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
Undomesticated equines?

Calm up?

Yes, I use those in real life. Makes it easier to find the random SG1 fan.

Teal'c is really funny. He frequently says something that's slightly, hilariously wrong. Quoting Teal'c is a great way to find SG1 fans, I never thought of that. :smiley_squee:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I still love Jaffa humor, when he gave an example of Jaffa humor (yes, I understood it and laughed my ass off):

"A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose...drips."

or in another episode, as he steps outside...

"One small step for Jaffa."

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I watched Children of the Gods on Showtime last weekend. I got to see Sha're in all her glory. :icon_cool:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I have that on DVD, my computer and my iPod.

Watching it helps put me back in to my Happy Place.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I still love Jaffa humor, when he gave an example of Jaffa humor (yes, I understood it and laughed my ass off):

"A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose...drips."

or in another episode, as he steps outside...

"One small step for Jaffa."

:laughing: I love Teal'c!

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I watched Children of the Gods on Showtime last weekend. I got to see Sha're in all her glory. :icon_cool:

As a woman, I have to say I'm very glad that the new remastered version of Children of the Gods has omitted that scene. I'm sure lots of guys love it though. :lol: