Oklahoma

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Yep, it's for real. It's what happens when the 1% are out of control and they continue to suck blood from their victims even when it endangers the host's life. If Oklahoma goes broke, perhaps they can take the land from the frackers through eminent domain? I don't know. This is an example of how a large government shields the fate of greedy 1%ers. If Oklahoma was a nation, this sort of fleecing would result in mobs of citizens seeking them out to kill them and take everything they have, then change the rules so that it could never happen again.

Last edited:

It's probably a bit hyped and exaggerated but there's some truth to it. OK is a dump. Why anyone would want to live there is beyond me. I once worked (briefly) with a woman from OK. She was a mess of illiteracy and confused thinking. Her entire worldview was from a trailer park perspective. I'm not kidding. She routinely talked about her trash family who lived in a trailer there and popped out babies that had been fathered by deadbeat cousins that were always in trouble with the law. This woman was so un-self aware that it was fascinating. But her OK accent was like fingernails on chalkboard. No one missed her when she moved on.

*BTW, this woman's claim to Oklahoma fame was that, unlike her sisters and her cousins, she had made it to her early-20's without popping out any babies. Seriously, she considered that a huge accomplishment. If I was a religious person I would have said a prayer for her.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's probably a bit hyped and exaggerated but there's some truth to it. OK is a dump. Why anyone would want to live there is beyond me. I once worked (briefly) with a woman from OK. She was a mess of illiteracy and confused thinking. Her entire worldview was from a trailer park perspective. I'm not kidding. She routinely talked about her trash family who lived in a trailer there and popped out babies that had been fathered by deadbeat cousins that were always in trouble with the law. This woman was so un-self aware that it was fascinating. But her OK accent was like fingernails on chalkboard. No one missed her when she moved on.

*BTW, this woman's claim to Oklahoma fame was that, unlike her sisters and her cousins, she had made it to her early-20's without popping out any babies. Seriously, she considered that a huge accomplishment. If I was a religious person I would have said a prayer for her.

I went there with a military buddy to pick up his car (I was stationed in Tennessee). We drove through Arkansas and I thought THAT was creepy. Tulsa looks nice and is clean and well maintained. However the people all seem displaced, like they don't belong there. Outside of Tulsa, everything changes into a nightmare. So many poor people...so many children and so many crucifixes! It seems like there is one hanging on every wall in every business. And that accent they have is the most irritating American dialect I have ever heard.

Last edited:
I went there with a military buddy to pick up his car (I was stationed in Tennessee). We drove through Arkansas and I thought THAT was creepy. Tulsa looks nice and is clean and well maintained. However the people all seem displaced, like they don't belong there. Outside of Tulsa, everything changes into a nightmare. So many poor people...so many children and so many crucifixes! It seems like there is one hanging on every wall in every business. And that accent they have is the most irritating American dialect I have ever heard.

Oklahoma is a shit hole. It's where the Trail of Tears ended; where the Native Americans who didn't die on that horrific march were forcibly settled. They put them there because they knew OK was a worthless piece of real estate. Horrible place, simply horrible. An embarrassment to our country.

Last edited by a moderator:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
OK is a dump. Why anyone would want to live there is beyond me.

so true. hate the place

went there for my basic training and mos (job) training

it didn't suck BECAUSE it was basic trng, it sucked BECAUSE it was oklahoma!!

i was there from august till march

weather is way screwed; 40f days in september, snow in october then 75f in december and january with snow in march

this was in 84

had to go back in 94 for a advanced non commissioned officer mos course. then able to drive and do whatever after classes, i saw just exactly how miserable and desperate the place is. at least on Ft sill they had a lot of huge oak trees and other vegetation. lawton was a wind blown, dirty and dusty sack of shit. didn't see anything better out oft own either

but i know guys who have moved there since retirement and work for the army there. they could have gone anywhere else, but they picked oklahoma. not just your white, maybe a cracker types either; a african american from chicago, a mexican from san diego, a puerto rican guy from NYC

i don't get the attraction at all

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
so true. hate the place

went there for my basic training and mos (job) training

it didn't suck BECAUSE it was basic trng, it sucked BECAUSE it was oklahoma!!

i was there from august till march

weather is way screwed; 40f days in september, snow in october then 75f in december and january with snow in march

this was in 84

had to go back in 94 for a advanced non commissioned officer mos course. then able to drive and do whatever after classes, i saw just exactly how miserable and desperate the place is. at least on Ft sill they had a lot of huge oak trees and other vegetation. lawton was a wind blown, dirty and dusty sack of shit. didn't see anything better out oft own either

but i know guys who have moved there since retirement and work for the army there. they could have gone anywhere else, but they picked oklahoma. not just your white, maybe a cracker types either; a african american from chicago, a mexican from san diego, a puerto rican guy from NYC

i don't get the attraction at all

People cut down the city owned trees on their streets to use as firewood in some places in OK and some rent out rooms in their homes to multiple individuals to make ends meet.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
People cut down the city owned trees on their streets to use as firewood in some places in OK and some rent out rooms in their homes to multiple individuals to make ends meet.

i have absolutely no problem painting that word picture....

and, for being such a christian and moral state, there was sure one hell of a lot of all nude strip clubs and massage parlors around. even away from ft sill.

pot--kettle / oklahoma--california :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i have absolutely no problem painting that word picture....

and, for being such a christian and moral state, there was sure one hell of a lot of all nude strip clubs and massage parlors around. even away from ft sill.

pot--kettle / oklahoma--california :)

My buddy and I went to one there! One of those "massage parlors". :) They did not even try to hide what was going on inside.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
My buddy and I went to one there! One of those "massage parlors". :) They did not even try to hide what was going on inside.

it used to be (military ppl these days have seemed to become a bit 'weenified" ) virtually expected to see a plethora of bars, strip clubs, adult vid stores and massage parlors (aka brothels) out side or near military bases

the only base i was ever at in the US that did not have any of this was at Ft Drum NY. dont know why, maybe state laws?

ft sill was a virtual pleasure palace of sinful vice for any young soldier or marine (yes, marines are there too :) )

during basic/ait i never bothered to go to these places. i just wanted to be done and get the hell out of there

when i went back about 10yrs later, i often volunteered to be the designated driver for the other guys in my class. drove them all around in a big suburban one guy had.

the bars were disgusted with just about anything available sex-wise (dealers know most soldiers wont buy drugs do to testing)

there were some pretty nice restaurants with a massage parlor-brothel in the same building! diff business but same parking lot! a family could drive up to eat, park and see the hookers--erm 'therapists'- standing outside the door. day or night

there was barber shop right out of one gate that did quick military haircuts and boot shining. after the haircut, the woman who owned the place- a korean sad to say--would ask "you want a massage?" and point to a door going into a back room.

like we had time! we had to get back to class.

but yes, oklahoma, the bastion of phony conservatism, filled with hookers, sinners, con artists and any manner of other crook you can think of