Oh Cathay Pacific - Cathay Pacific scandal may delay ad campaign

Tropicana

Council Member
Cathay Pacific may delay a global marketing campaign, after photographs of crew members allegedly engaging in a sexual act were published.

The airline was due to launch the campaign in September. Its tagline was "meet the team who go the extra mile to make you feel special". We are thinking of holding the campaign back for a little while because the timing doesn't suit us at the moment," a spokeswoman said.

Last week, the Hong Kong-based carrier announced that two crew members photographed in "compromising situations" were no longer working for the company. It gave no details on their duties for the airline. A number of photographs were recently published online and in Chinese-language newspapers.

The newspapers claim the woman in the photographs was a flight attendant and the man a pilot, both of whom were working for Cathay Pacific. They allege the photographs were taken in the cockpit of a Cathay Pacific plane.

Cathay's chief executive, John Slosar, said there no evidence to suggest that the incidents happened on any flights while airborne.

"I find any behaviour that recklessly soils the reputation of our company or our team members as totally unacceptable," Mr Slosar said in a statement.

The airline is in the process of handing over details of its internal investigation to Hong Kong's Civil Aviation Department. September's marketing launch was supposed to be the second phase of an international campaign.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14526285

Tropicana

Council Member
"Meet the team who go the extra mile to make you feel special" - LMAO

All I'm going to say is nice fuselage. Shame the flight attendant looks so-so, he could have done better.

Tropicana

Council Member
nvm found em ;) but he doesnt look like a pilot..
Apparently some pilots wear sweaters or something when they settle into their flight. I don't know; I thought the guy look pretty good, in shape and stuff.

The jokes came thick and fast - "No wonder it's called a cockpit", "I'm ready for take off", etc.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Apparently some pilots wear sweaters or something when they settle into their flight. I don't know; I thought the guy look pretty good, in shape and stuff.

The jokes came thick and fast - "No wonder it's called a cockpit", "I'm ready for take off", etc.
i see..

and well the jokes are to be expected ;)

Tropicana

Council Member
The cockpit apparently is that of Airbus design and not Boeing, so it narrows it down to their fleet of A330-300 or A340-300. I've been in an A330 cockpit and it's quite spacious I must admit.

G

Graybrew1

This is just too funny?
So, a man and woman that are both adults did the boom boom thing in the cockpit.
They were two consenting adults? The big question is where did the photos come from?
And how they got leaked?

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
This is just too funny?
So, a man and woman that are both adults did the boom boom thing in the cockpit.
They were two consenting adults? The big question is where did the photos come from?
And how they got leaked?

indeed the SHOCK!! that men and women actually have SEX!! :eek:

:P

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
LOL - I never realized how many Airlines have slogans that could fit the context of this scandal.

http://www.thinkslogans.com/slogans/advertising-slogans/airline-slogans/

Fly the Friendly skies

Something special in the air

Virgin Atlantic, more experience than our name suggests

The proud bird with the golden tail

Fly the American way

Catch our Smile

It’s the o-o-only way to fly

When you’ve got it, flaunt it

We love to fly and it shows

Delta, Is ready when you are

G

Graybrew1

LOL - I never realized how many Airlines have slogans that could fit the context of this scandal.

http://www.thinkslogans.com/slogans/advertising-slogans/airline-slogans/

Fly the Friendly skies

Something special in the air

Virgin Atlantic, more experience than our name suggests

The proud bird with the golden tail

Fly the American way

Catch our Smile

It’s the o-o-only way to fly

When you’ve got it, flaunt it

We love to fly and it shows

Delta, Is ready when you are

:rotflmao: Good one. I would green you, but I can't. Mental Green.

Tropicana

Council Member
you kniw this story is about a month old yeah :P
Oh yea, read it on airliners.net but there were speculation that it wasn't really a Cathay Pacific flight attendant that it's some fake photos or some girl wearing a Cathay Pacific uniform as a fetish.

Tropicana

Council Member
This is just too funny?
And how they got leaked?
Well, let me fill you in (pardon the pun). The pair are based in Hong Kong and apparently in a relationship, the pilot with his flaps down and gears up took the photos (reason: refer to my thread at FH:OT). He uploaded the photos on his laptop when it malfunctioned so he got it sent for repair, the repairman used his iPhone camera to take the screen pics when he was going through the computer and found the folder.

HK seem to have some dodgy repairmen, a few years ago, a repairman copied pics of this apparent HK celeb Edison Chen being intimate with a few HK female celebs. It caused an outrage and was news on the BBC too. It's referred to as the "Edison Chen Photo Scandal".

G

Graybrew1

Well, let me fill you in (pardon the pun). The pair are based in Hong Kong and apparently in a relationship, the pilot with his flaps down and gears up took the photos (reason: refer to my thread at FH:OT). He uploaded the photos on his laptop when it malfunctioned so he got it sent for repair, the repairman used his iPhone camera to take the screen pics when he was going through the computer and found the folder.

HK seem to have some dodgy repairmen, a few years ago, a repairman copied pics of this apparent HK celeb Edison Chen being intimate with a few HK female celebs. It caused an outrage and was news on the BBC too. It's referred to as the "Edison Chen Photo Scandal".

Hey Tropi,
Thanks for the info, that guy must be furious at the repairman.
Green for you.

Tropicana

Council Member
Hey Tropi,
Thanks for the info, that guy must be furious at the repairman.
Green for you.
LOL, why hi Gray.

I'm sure these things happen in cockpits all the time but I think there are laws that state, they should refrain from such behaviour in cockpits airborne or not. And probably there's an unwritten pilot's code that discretion is required and the FO leaves the cockpit when it happens. Aircrafts now do have modules (Crew Rest Area) installed where the crew can sleep and even in some aircrafts, the Captain have their own cabin. What goes on in there, I don't know...

G

Graybrew1

LOL, why hi Gray.

I'm sure these things happen in cockpits all the time but I think there are laws that state, they should refrain from such behaviour in cockpits airborne or not. And probably there's an unwritten pilot's code that discretion is required and the FO leaves the cockpit when it happens. Aircrafts now do have modules (Crew Rest Area) installed where the crew can sleep and even in some aircrafts, the Captain have their own cabin. What goes on in there, I don't know...

This sounds like a ep of CSI NY I remember from a couple of years back. Where the crews quaters were found to be full of all sorts of interesting biological "evidence". :icon_lol: