Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hostess-close-cites-nationwide-worker-123953115.html

Hostess, the maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread, plans to go out of business, lay off its 18,500 workers and sell its snack cake and bread brands. ...

hostess_twinkies_box.jpg

Damn you Flanders! Damn you to hell!!!!!! :icon_cry:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Well, that was completely unexpected. What the hell happened?? :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Noooooo! Twinkies are one of my favorite cheats! :( They are just enough devil carb goodness not to be a disaster to my low carb diet, they have a great texture and I like the "cream" filling inside (God knows what it is made of).

I think that it is a sign of the times and a new health conscious America. I predict that more will fall, especially those who had not diversified into other foods. Wonder bread is made of the very worst bleached white flour available. Wonder "wheat" is just Wonder white with a bit a bran thrown in to give it a healthy look, but a close look at the label reveals the truth. What surprises me is that Kellogg or Nabisco did not buy them. :( Oh well, Smart & Final sells them by the box (12 Twinkies per box). Its worth a binge just as a tribute.

Bye bye, Twinkies...you will be missed!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, that was completely unexpected. What the hell happened?? :D

They're claiming a union thing but who knows really. I'm sure they still sell enough snack cakes and crap to still be financially viable so maybe the owners (shareholders) are just trying to cash out early or something.

Hell, if it is a union issue I'm surprised they didn't pull a "Just Born" (the makers of marshmallow "Peeps") thing and simply move to China. From what I understand we're starting to get more and more of our food stuffs manufactured in China. -- and yes, that freaked me out the first time I heard it.

S

Stonelesscutter

You may be able to fool the others ape but you are not fooling me. The timing of this is just too much of a coincidence. The truth is that with your new position as a mod you won't have enough time to fill your quota of jizz for the creamy filling for the twinkies. But let's face it. You were already struggling anyway because of your age and all. I think you made the right move at the right time. But from a certain perspective, gatefans killed off twinkies.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You may be able to fool the others ape but you are not fooling me. The timing of this is just too much of a coincidence. The truth is that with your new position as a mod you won't have enough time to fill your quota of jizz for the creamy filling for the twinkies. But let's face it. You were already struggling anyway because of your age and all. I think you made the right move at the right time. But from a certain perspective, gatefans killed off twinkies.

:smiley-laughing024::icon_rotflmao::shep_lol::crying-028::smiley-laughing024::icon_rotflmao:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

I think you violated the CCPG about 5 times in this post. Good work! :p

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Respect-bow.jpg

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
They're claiming a union thing but who knows really. I'm sure they still sell enough snack cakes and crap to still be financially viable so maybe the owners (shareholders) are just trying to cash out early or something.

Hell, if it is a union issue I'm surprised they didn't pull a "Just Born" (the makers of marshmallow "Peeps") thing and simply move to China. From what I understand we're starting to get more and more of our food stuffs manufactured in China. -- and yes, that freaked me out the first time I heard it.
it should considering they have lower standards and less regulations on what is and inst allowed to be added to food then the US has and THAT is saying something.

Bluce Ree

:icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::crying-028::laughing::icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::crying-028::laughing::icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::crying-028::laughing:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
the funny in that post being that im thinking he is actually serious with those statements.

I sure hope not - I really used to enjoy the occasional Twinkie... :smiley-015:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I sure hope not - I really used to enjoy the occasional Twinkie... :smiley-015:

I loved to have one once and a while too. The package was two at a time, and usually under a dollar. Not a donuts, not exactly a cake, it was in a niche all its own. Hostess also made the alternates like Zingers and Hohos. Hostess donettes and cupcakes are also gone. Those ubiquitous packages will be gone:

http://hostessbrands.com/Closed.aspx

Capture.png

Bluce Ree

I loved to have one once and a while too. The package was two at a time, and usually under a dollar. Not a donuts, not exactly a cake, it was in a niche all its own. Hostess also made the alternates like Zingers and Hohos. Hostess donettes and cupcakes are also gone. Those ubiquitous packages will be gone:

http://hostessbrands.com/Closed.aspx

View attachment 27542

It's "once in a while". I get the idea you're high when you post like that. :icon_lol:

It looks like Twinkies will survive the bankruptcy.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...stess-ceo-says-114447661--abc-news-deals.html

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's "once in a while". I get the idea you're high when you post like that. :icon_lol:

It looks like Twinkies will survive the bankruptcy.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...stess-ceo-says-114447661--abc-news-deals.html

Of course they will...the Unions are passe, and I for one would like to see them ALL busted and nullified. The era where they were needed is now passed. They are the reason for inflation and increased costs of products. A middle man you dont have a choice in eliminating. AND you have to pay him dues. :facepalm:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Of course they will...the Unions are passe, and I for one would like to see them ALL busted and nullified. The era where they were needed is now passed. They are the reason for inflation and increased costs of products. A middle man you dont have a choice in eliminating. AND you have to pay him dues. :facepalm:
and here they eventually become politicians and they f'ck you over some more by stealing themselfs a massive salary form your taxes :rolleyes: