Nielsen Buying Arbitron...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Bout time! Nielsen's old model cannot do what it claims anymore. A box sitting on a TV tells very little about what people are watching. Nielsen is a dinosaur.
I still don't think it's going to help any, but it'll sure get the rabid fans out there hashtagging their fingers to the bone.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh, if only this had happened sooner then SGU wouldn't have been cancelled. :moody: :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I still don't think it's going to help any, but it'll sure get the rabid fans out there hashtagging their fingers to the bone.

There was a point they made about people tracking online viewing, But the very best metrics are going to come directly from Netflix, Hulu and whatever other databases belong to other online media outlets. Arbitron is a middle man, and I dont understand why the media outlets dont just SELL the stats outright.

Oh, if only this had happened sooner then SGU wouldn't have been cancelled. :moody: :(

Alas, viewing for SGU online is not great, so it still would have died. More people watch Firefly online than SGU (guessing here :))

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The WWE has embraced tweeting, touting and forums for awhile now. Hell, they even have "5 minute shows" to let people tweet thier votes on who should face who in live shows in the US.
Hate the "Faux sport" all you want, but whoever runs thier marketing dept is a freaking genius in terms or making sure people watch live :P