New scifi shows?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I have seen ads for a couple of new scifi tv shows lately, but the only one that has made any impact is the one called "Under the Dome"...any thoughts? Any new scifi coming that spins your wheels?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I have seen ads for a couple of new scifi tv shows lately, but the only one that has made any impact is the one called "Under the Dome"...any thoughts? Any new scifi coming that spins your wheels?

Oh my, like a moth to a flame... :anim_59:

I saw the Under the Dome preview and thought 'Oh no, another soap with scifi window dressing'. :rolleye0014:

I know, I know, I sound cynical, but come on, we all know that this show won't last more than a couple episodes. If it makes it to 4 before being yanked I'll be surprised.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Is this the one that's based on Stephen King's book?

Yeah, looks like I was right.
--- merged: May 21, 2013 at 6:44 AM ---
It's only 13 episodes according to this trailer but I am not sold though

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Stephen King story??? Come on guys, we all know that's a death knell for any TV show. :anim_59:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
ohhhh didn't realize it was stephen king. :P so I guess i'll spend my summer heckling fallen skies. :D

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Stephen King tv series + CBS = I've got better things to do.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
found the shawshank redemption to be superlative- far above king's usual load of drek and drivel. :) even though i am from maine I am not a fan of stephen king! :P

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
found the shawshank redemption to be superlative- far above king's usual load of drek and drivel. :) even though i am from maine I am not a fan of stephen king! :P

I lost my interest in King when he made the extremely stupid comment of (to the effect) "People who join the military are dumb losers..they couldn't go to college or get a real job..."

He is obviously out of touch with who it is that read (in both tenses "read" and "read") his books. At one time--most of my time in the Army--King was one of the most favored authors among soldiers. In any deployment or extended training exercise--his books were everywhere to be seen. When off duty or on some boring, non sensical shift work, his books were being read by many. Indeed, I can think of no other that was read as widely as he was.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I lost my interest in King when he made the extremely stupid comment of (to the effect) "People who join the military are dumb losers..they couldn't go to college or get a real job..."

He is obviously out of touch with who it is that read (in both tenses "read" and "read") his books. At one time--most of my time in the Army--King was one of the most favored authors among soldiers. In any deployment or extended training exercise--his books were everywhere to be seen. When off duty or on some boring, non sensical shift work, his books were being read by many. Indeed, I can think of no other that was read as widely as he was.

gotta love celebs who shoot themselves in the foot- King, The dixie chicks, etc... I actually had a creative writing class at UMO (university of maine at Orono) taught one summer for "advanced high school students" by Stephen King- just before he sold "Carrie" to the movies. he was a conceited jackass wo talked down to the students. saying ironic things like "you are from maine, which means you aren't smart enough to go to college..." pot calling kettle black eh? that turned me off his books!

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Probably surrounds himself with sycophants that do his bidding and stroke his .......ego