Netflix to reboot Firefly! Well, not really... ;-)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
https://thegeekiverse.com/netflix-reboot-firefly/

Excerpt:

It’s been 15 years since Firefly left our TVs for good (sure they threw us a movie in 2005 to try to dull the pain but we all know that didn’t work) and fans have been begging for more ever since. Well, with the success of Fox’s reboot of The X-Files and Netflix’s reboot of Lost in Space coming soon, it looks like 2018 is the perfect time to resurrect our beloved Serenity. Netflix confirmed today (April 1st) that work has begun on a reboot of Firefly (hopefully) starring the original cast.

Original cast members such as Nathan Fillion (Mal), Alan Tudyk (Wash), Summer Glau (River), Jewel Staite (Kaylee), and Gina Torres (Zoe) have not yet been confirmed but many have shown an interest in a reboot over the years, so it’s likely we’ll get to see some familiar faces. Netflix has not yet addressed the passing of Ron Glass, who played Shepard in the original series as well as the film Serenity in 2005. Glass passed away in 2016.

There’s still no word on the director (Joss Whedon?), cast, or release date.

NOTE:

I have searched for corroboration on this and have found very little. Perhaps take this with a grain of salt?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
That was posted on April Fool's Day.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
https://thegeekiverse.com/netflix-reboot-firefly/

Excerpt:

It’s been 15 years since Firefly left our TVs for good (sure they threw us a movie in 2005 to try to dull the pain but we all know that didn’t work) and fans have been begging for more ever since. Well, with the success of Fox’s reboot of The X-Files and Netflix’s reboot of Lost in Space coming soon, it looks like 2018 is the perfect time to resurrect our beloved Serenity. Netflix confirmed today (April 1st) that work has begun on a reboot of Firefly (hopefully) starring the original cast.

Original cast members such as Nathan Fillion (Mal), Alan Tudyk (Wash), Summer Glau (River), Jewel Staite (Kaylee), and Gina Torres (Zoe) have not yet been confirmed but many have shown an interest in a reboot over the years, so it’s likely we’ll get to see some familiar faces. Netflix has not yet addressed the passing of Ron Glass, who played Shepard in the original series as well as the film Serenity in 2005. Glass passed away in 2016.

There’s still no word on the director (Joss Whedon?), cast, or release date.

NOTE:

I have searched for corroboration on this and have found very little. Perhaps take this with a grain of salt?
That was posted on April Fool's Day.
This is fake news lol and you fell for it OM1.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
We live in an era of reboot fever so I won't be surprised when they actually get around to Firefly. (This is one of the few Netflix productions I would actually be interested in seeing if it's the original cast.)
It will be filled with SJW propaganda. Empowering, coming out of the ashes, blahblahblah...No, I don't see this coming to netflix. Infact, I see society cracking next year. Watch :).