NationStates

DrWho42

GateFans Member
i haven't really played in ages but i used to be really into NationStates. it's very basic but it lets you play as your own fictional country and set policies according to issues with silly (mostly simplistic) solutions.

while democracy 3 is more involving, i'm curious about an upcoming minigame that was just announced. also, every halloween has a zombie scenario. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i haven't really played in ages but i used to be really into NationStates. it's very basic but it lets you play as your own fictional country and set policies according to issues with silly (mostly simplistic) solutions.

while democracy 3 is more involving, i'm curious about an upcoming minigame that was just announced. also, every halloween has a zombie scenario. :P

I love this! I don't really understand how the mechanics of it works. I am building my nation right now. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
upload_2019-9-24_5-12-59.png

I don't know why it is classified as an "authoritarian democracy", but that must be because of the choices I made in each category of building. However, after reading about my new nation, I am happy with it. I chose compulsory military service, and rated capitalism as going out. I also strongly disapproved of corporations, and based my social services more into education than welfare. Interesting!