My biggest issue with EP 7

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yeah I hated the way they force-fed us the "insta-friendship" between Finn and Poe

exactly!!

and the admittance of finn that the 1st order-specifically those in his unit, are ALL of the only family or friends he has ever had. thats at least 20 some yrs

and his fast friendship with a stranger then turned mass murderer of that only known family and friends is just not believable.

this far removed from the movie in time, I wonder how that got through production /post production without it being brought up?

Boyega seems to be a pretty sharp guy, you'd wonder if he ever asked that actor's question regarding said friendship and schizophrenic behavior = "what's my motivation?"

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
speaking of the persona life of stormtroopers!

just saw this

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It's on the list but no streams are available. That will change in the next 24-48 hours most likely.

so, will you be interrupted by bobbing heads, popcorn bags and ppl getting up to pee obstructing your view?

ahhh!

another voice of reason in the vast 'sw's vs st' void

Oh I'll still criticize SW, but like I said that's reserved for the more egregious flaws in the writing like Rey's "Insta-Force" abilities or her "Insta-familial relationship" with Han Solo. (I still can't believe they focused on her after Han's death and not Chewbacca; as if she had a life-long attachment to Han even though she only knew him for five minutes.)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
flaws in the writing like Rey's "Insta-Force

yeah a bit, but anyone can pick up a weapon and flail it around

remember Kylo is not a fully trained force user either, his use of his lightsaber is seemingly clumsy compared to what we have seen in the pre-quels or by darth vader or kenobi

if one watches REBELS you would see in there where they establish innate force use with Ezra (as well as establish-pre ep7 release, so it was not a retcon--the existence of cross guard lightsabers when ezra found an ancient one in the sith temple

and his mentor, Kanan, is not a fully trained Jedi either

actually they have either brought into canon from legends, or pre shadowed events of ep7 and ep8(?) with parallel stories
but so many ppl treat REBELS as only a kid show-the same mistake they made with clone wars
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but yes, I DO get where you are coming from; ep7 is more of a 'flash bang' type movie and under further consideration is lacking of many details

why i am thinking that so many ppl who loved it are hating ep8