Morrowind: Revisited & Revised

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
In celebration of the announcement of Skyrim, I've been replaying the older games in the Elder Scrolls series: Daggerfall (which has been re-released as freeware, and can be downloaded here) and Morrowind.

As I was browsing the modding communties, I came across articles about an community overhaul pack. It was a pain to setup (Had to do several reinstalls of the game before I nailed down how to install the overhaul properly.), but once I got it running, WOW!

This video does not even begin to do the modification justice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r6hilB6Dlc

The only real bizzare thing IMO, is the guards will sometimes dance, for no apparent reason. :vala-newanime026:

Anyway, the installation guide on youtube only covers v1.0 of the mod. If anyone wants to know how to install it and the patches properly, let me know.

S

Stonelesscutter

It looks nice. Though I've never played those games you mentioned so I couldn't possibly compare.

Red Mage

Boney
I didn't care for Morrowind that much. It felt like a step down from Daggerfall in a couple areas as they dumbed it down so it could be played on Xbox. It's still a good game but maybe not as good as it could be if it remained PC exclusive and not designed with a console port in mind.

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
I didn't care for Morrowind that much. It felt like a step down from Daggerfall in a couple areas as they dumbed it down so it could be played on Xbox. It's still a good game but maybe not as good as it could be if it remained PC exclusive and not designed with a console port in mind.

Eh, Daggerfall wasn't without it's faults either, though. The constant crashing and freezing made me rage at the game on several occasions.

Of course, those kind of things aren't as big a deal with the DOSBox emulator and "unofficial" patches by the modding community.

One of the perks of PC gaming, eh?:icon_e_wink:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Morrowind will go down in gaming history, along with GTA3, D2 and Warcraft as a defining game of PC gaming history.

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
Derp!

All this time, I've forgotten to put up relevant links to the mod:
Mod Link
Blog

Morrowind will go down in gaming history, along with GTA3, D2 and Warcraft as a defining game of PC gaming history.

As much as I like Morrowind, I do think the honor belongs to it's predecessor, Daggerfall.

Then again, in what other game can you say your method of transportation is a giant flea? :icon_lol: